Something a little different?

Barrovian

And also very nicely printed. A friend recently gave me two of the smallest roundels for my planned 144th Hunter build -they are printed with proper gold ink rather than the yellow Xtradecal used on their otherwise excellent 144th Hunter sheet!

Keef

Saw this on e-bay, not my genre or scale but very interesting decal sheet

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scale-Aircraft-Model...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thank you. I had wanted that decal sheet for years. I won the auction for 99 pence!

I greatly appreciate the pointer.

David W.

Hi Guys.

If any one is interested, I have nearly all of the Scale Aircraft modelling decal sheets.

I have changed to 1/48 scale as I can't see half of the decals in 1/72 scale let alone put them on a model, so should any of you want anything in particular, give me a call, I may be able to help.

• 2 weeks later...
And also very nicely printed. A friend recently gave me two of the smallest roundels for my planned 144th Hunter build -they are printed with proper gold ink rather than the yellow Xtradecal used on their otherwise excellent 144th Hunter sheet!

Keef

That depends on which decals should/shouldn't have gold on them. For example, the 1/72nd Xtradecal "International Hunters" sheet has the middle ring of the Qatar Hunter roundel as gold - wrong, it should be almost the same colour as the "sand" of the aircraft's colour scheme. It also has gold highlighting in the Qatari fin flash decal - wrong, that should be yellow.

I haven't seen the 1/144th version up close so I'm not sure what's right and what's wrong, but if it has yellow instead of "proper gold" in the Qatar fin flash and the the proper colour in the roundels then it's actually more accurate than the 1/72nd version!

Incidentally, talking of the Qatar decals on the Xtradecal sheets - they've missed out the "12" which should appear on the nosewheel door .

It's still nice to see someone making decals for the export versions though. It was such a major success story for the British aviation industry at the time so it should be recognised.