1/72 Jaguar ACT

dswoofie

Looking good Karl. Is it my imagination, or is the red part of that roundel by the cockpit slightly off-centre? :hmmm:

How're the home made decals coping with the dark colors? They doing ok?

Yes the roundels are slightly out of register, but they are the only ones I'd got with a white outline on them. It's not too major. I think it's more that the outside is off, the red to the naked eye doesn't look too bad... must be the photo...

The homemade decals are doing OK on the dark colours. All of them had to be printed on white paper anyway as they all had white in them. It certainly can be an issue with light coloured decals on the clear paper though, yellows and reds especially. I'm very pleased with them so far though.

Karl.

but they are the only ones I'd got with a white outline on them.

Karl.

Just a thought mate. When i don't have circled roundels i use a white round disk as background; obviously slight bigger than the roundel thats going to sit on it. Also, just double check that the area/frame behind the airbrakes is primer; on the B-D ones they are blue, except right in the APU part.

Just a thought mate. When i don't have circled roundels i use a white round disk as background; obviously slight bigger than the roundel thats going to sit on it. Also, just double check that the area/frame behind the airbrakes is primer; on the B-D ones they are blue, except right in the APU part.

Ooooerr? Are you talking about these bits in the red circles...

98154d36.jpg

So all of the bits apart from the recessed area should be blue? I wasn't really sure about this and couldn't find any references at all... I was in two minds as to how to do it... thanks for the heads up on that.

I thought about the white circles afterwards, but then thought about my ability for cutting out circles... I'll have to try it at some point and see what mess I can make :lol:

Karl.

98154d36.jpg

So all of the bits apart from the recessed area should be blue?

I thought about the white circles afterwards, but then thought about my ability for cutting out circles... I'll have to try it at some point and see what mess I can make :lol:

Karl.

The areas in the circles are blue on the BD ones; so i assume(?) it will be the same for the Farnborough jobbie, but hey modellers licence.......... You can buy pre done circles, but you may not use that many as me on a regular basis. Alternative is get the childs compass out and get doin....

The areas in the circles are blue on the BD ones; so i assume(?) it will be the same for the Farnborough jobbie, but hey modellers licence.......... You can buy pre done circles, but you may not use that many as me on a regular basis. Alternative is get the childs compass out and get doin....

I'll go for the blue then, I think that'll probably be right. OK, now another question... what about the inside of the actual brakes... are they yellow/green or the same as the outer colour (blue) ???

Karl.

Looking grrrrreat Karl!

98154d36.jpg

So all of the bits apart from the recessed area should be blue?

The example at Cosford would appear to have that area in primer. While the brakes are closed, the holes in them show a primer coloured surface behind:

jagactbrake.jpg

...though this could be a remnant of the previous all-over-green scheme it wore when it first arrived at Cosford from Loughborough...

Edited by DamienB

There are a number of things that are wrong with the scheme it's in at Cosford. It wore at least two variations of the ripple when in service, and this is neither! I've gone with the blue now, which was my first line of thinking anyway but I got sidetracked onto the green by these pics initially.

Karl.

YAY! I'm finally finished, and within the deadline... RESULT!

I had one minor issue near completion with the undercarriage. There is a bar that is added to the main leg, and the instructions are pretty vague as to where this attaches. Anyway, when I finally realised where they went (with a little help from Jen ;) ) I found they were too short?! Had to quickly build some of my own that were long enough.

Here's the final result anyway...

DSCF0461.jpg

DSCF0465.jpg

DSCF0480.jpg

Karl.