What RAF Squadrons flew the C-45 (Expeditor)?

phat trev

On 30/6/2010 at 0:39 PM, Nick Millman said:

SEAC training aircraft were specified to be TLS over yellow with a stated exception for the Harvard which was permitted to remain overall yellow (and there are examples of it).

Despite the prevailing view that all SEAC aircraft were TLS over MSG this was not the case. The Air India HQ orders are specific to aircraft roles rather than types and some Beaus on coastal duties were in TSS with Azure Blue rather than white undersurfaces.

Maybe a silly note, but in the pic of HB275 there's a Harvard in the background. Undersides both look the same to me.

And, but here I'm facing greater danger by comparing two different photos, the undersides of KJ511 (that, incidentally, has large serials and no roundels underwing) look much darker than those on HB275.

The C-45 in the picture below HB275 appears to be natural metal overall, with anti-glare panels above the nose and on the inner part of the engine nacelles.

HTH

Claudio

Are these any good?

Deffo Dark Earth and Dark Green in this pic;

expeditor%20poss%20in%20usa_zpsp6x4mjbm.

Here are some others;

Image result for expeditor colour

AB00116-d1%201_zpsxh78a1rf.jpg

expeditor%20far%20east_zps2qyq7mry.jpg

large%201_zpsfcksrtij.jpg

This one is landing in Italy;

expeditor%20in%20italy-2_zpsck672deo.jpg

This one is Fleet Air Arm,.....routing home from the Far East with Eastern Fleet markings and is seen in Malta;

Expeditor%20HD763%20%20Kay%20%20Royal%20

The Fleet Air Arm were quite largish operator of the Expeditor and it was one of the few US types that it chose to retain after WW2.

Cheers

Tony

The FAA one adds to my belief they were Temperate Sea Scheme on the uppers. I wonder if the one in Eyes of The Phoenix is an FAA one?

Frustratingly, none of the pics, even the colour one, help with what was the underside!