mitchem's entry - Air Rhodesia

mitchem

Well, painting has been undertaken....again and again and again.

This is where we are now :

21.jpg

22.jpg

I threw the towel in trying to get photos of the wing surfaces, so it's all fictitious. What the hell - life's too short.

Now the easy bit is done, it's time to start thinking about the decals.

:hmmm:

nice red X's.....what image host are you using?

EDIT

a glitch....I can see the pics now

Edited by kev1n

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments.

My decals have gone on peachy-keen. Just need to try and do some work on the white-metal undercarriage. (Unfortunately the casting is a bit rough, so it could take some time.)

As far as the colour scheme is concerned, my dad managed to find a photo of the Airfix 707 kit that he brush-painted by hand in 1975 (and pixellated by PC in 2003 :hypnotised: ) :

98.jpg

Pretty inspirational stuff when you're 12 years old, and certainly a level of achievement I've been aspiring to for the last 35 years - thanks for setting the bar so high Dad !

mike

Edited by mitchem

And where's the pics of your 720 with the decals on.....??!!

WHAT ?!

After watching Mark's Airbus family growing before our eyes, I've tossed the 720 in the cupboard and pulled out a nice Tiger Tank to crack on with...... :devil:

(Besides that, you seem to be keeping your Connie up some very long sleeves. Wouldn't be surprised if it suddenly makes a guest appearance and blows us all away.)

"...I've tossed the 720 in the cupboard and pulled out..."

I'm going to come round your house one night and stick an armadillo down your shorts

:cheers: Cheers to all and thanks for the prodding.

I was really hoping that my next post would have pictures of the finished model in it, but after having had a closer look at the white metal undercarriage, doubts started crossing my mind as to when that would be (if ever !) - Rough to say the least.

Anyway, after quite a bit of tweaking and a few snips here and there, I managed to get my decals to fit :

25.jpg

Just need to add the aerials, window glazing and..............that undercarriage. <_<

Edited by mitchem

Now that 's that way (uh hu, uh hu) I like it, I like it. That's the way, I like it, I like it.... (ok, Kev1n, you're far too young to appreciate K.C. And The Sunshine Band... But then I'm far too old to know better!!!)

That is stunning work and those decals are incredible!!! Why is there not more of this stuff in BM? I'm getting fed up of swastikas....

I'm going to come round your house one night and stick an armadillo down your shorts

And please post the you tube video link here....

Edited by Busdriver

Now that 's that way (uh hu, uh hu) I like it, I like it. That's the way, I like it, I like it.... (ok, Kev1n, you're far too young to appreciate K.C. And The Sunshine Band... But then I'm far too old to know better!!!)

:innocent:

wanna bet?

My dad was a radio broadcaster and prog producer, my mum was a singer...

so I've grown up with everything from classic to jazz to pop/rock and the rest :headphones:

but ty for the compliment anyway

and the 720 looks great, so go finish it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the work-inflicted hibernation and the lack of comments on everyone else's stunning builds.

Managed to finish off my build just in time for the deadline.

First view : Finished model with one of the photos that inspired the build (Couldn't quite capture the same lighting conditions as Victoria Falls :fraidnot: , but you get the general idea.)

34.jpg

Photo of the finished kit on its own (others to be found in the gallery)

30.jpg

and last but not least : meet the fleet (so Far) - some of you may remember the Viscount as being my first ever post on BM

Vickers Viscount - VP-YNC Mazoe

Boeing 720 - VP-YNM Mashonaland

35.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the motivation

mike

• Like 1

She's a stunner Mike!! I'm glad you got over the problems with the undercarriage & got her finished in time! I really like the comparison pic with the real thing - shows just how good a model it is!!

Beautiful model!

Keef

Cheers Keef.

Got to admit that I was ready to throw the towel in at the last moment. Work load has just buried me over the last couple of weeks and looks set to carry on for the next three months !

Can't see myself having any time to build models I'm afraid

:shithappens:

Cheers Keef.

Got to admit that I was ready to throw the towel in at the last moment. Work load has just buried me over the last couple of weeks and looks set to carry on for the next three months !

Can't see myself having any time to build models I'm afraid

:shithappens:

Don't worry about it - little Dave hasn't finished one for years.....!!!

K