Jaguar GR1 & Jaguar T2

Gary West

My flag well and truly nailed to the mast. Both 1:48.........

Jaguar GR1 XW563 which was the 7th Prototype and one of the Jaguar trial a/c -

Picture003.jpg

and I'll be using the Heller Jaguar "A" kit with all the Paragon bits and bobs.

Jaguar T2 - Not sure which squadron yet, but the wrap round tactical scheme

Picture002-4.jpg

This is an old build which was completely finished bar the canopies....then I decided I wasn't happy with it so I stripped it right back and removed the wings. She will have the full Paragon make over and you can see I have already removed the wing sections ready for the Paragon slats/flaps.

Glad to see you're going for the 7th prototype Gary, she's a subtly different bird from the usual squadron machines.

Am I right in thinking she lacks wing-fences?

Am I right in thinking she lacks wing-fences?

Im hitting the T2 first Col, and will use that time to gen up on the GR1 - I have a good pic of SS06 on finals with the shorter tail and NO fences, then on the next page another pic of SS06 & 07 flying together, but with lengthened tails, and wing fences. Seems these were an upgrade as a reuslt of trials?

Looking good Gary, lots of good work there already.

On the side doors, have you just glued some thin styrene over the area or did you drill out the old doors first?

I think i may have a go at copying your pylon detail as well as it looks so good. Where did you get the reference for these?

I cant wait to see the prototype started as well.

Good one Gary, coming along nicely :).

Couple of minor critiques (not slagging it off by the way!!) there is only one gun vent tube, behind the underfuselage cannon bulges, the 'blank' gun bay does not have one (it still has the cannon bulge though!). There are also two vents, one either side of the rear spine, on the upper fuselage just behind the heat exchanger inlet position. There are also two small intakes, one either side of the rear fuselage, above the 'Fire' access points just in front of the exhaust cans.

I'll take my 'anorak' off now .... :D

B)

On the side doors, have you just glued some thin styrene over the area or did you drill out the old doors first?

I think i may have a go at copying your pylon detail as well as it looks so good. Where did you get the reference for these?

I added a thin strip of styrene to the deepest part of the door and then added the door shaped piece over that so it was more or less flat, then added a small amount of CA around the edges to fill any gaps.

For the centre line pylon I used loads of different reference pics, but to be honest I struggled to find a really good look down(or up) at the workings so I loosely followed Neils T4 build (sorry Neil) and agree it makes quite a difference.

Couple of minor critiques (not slagging it off by the way!!) there is only one gun vent tube, behind the underfuselage cannon bulges, the 'blank' gun bay does not have one (it still has the cannon bulge though!). There are also two vents, one either side of the rear spine, on the upper fuselage just behind the heat exchanger inlet position. There are also two small intakes, one either side of the rear fuselage, above the 'Fire' access points just in front of the exhaust cans.

Fire away Neil - ok I'll lose one of the canon vent tubes, thankfully easily sorted. Thanks for the heads up on the other vents

Edited by Gary West

Are you going to put the cockpit kit, I heard that its not correct, but I dont know really.

I'm not sure - Im building an earlier T2 and hopefully that's correct? I know the T4 has glass cockpit screens which Neils conversion doesn't have, but hopefully it represents a good T2 - I'll let you know when I get ther Hector.

That's progressing very nicely Gary. A bit of useless info for you.... the gun vent tube Neil mentions was actually the ejection tube for the empty ammo cases. These were not retained after firing and were ejected from the rear of the gun and out of the aircraft.

Must admit I'm very impressed with the amount of people taking part in this GB. Would it be possible to put a post up saying how many people are participating and who is building what? We should have quite a collection at the end :)

Are you going to put the cockpit kit, I heard that its not correct, but I dont know really.

Héctor

I'm not sure - Im building an earlier T2 and hopefully that's correct?

The conversion is correct for making a T2 (not a T4 though, but it does not take much to make it into a T4).

Thinking about it, it must be over 10 yrs since I did that conversion set? Doesn't time fly .... :D

B)

The very first couple of pictures on this thread doesn't show it so well, but last night as I tackled the wings, I quickly realised that I had cut the slats section incorrectly - the instruction shows a straight cut along the wing leading edge and yours truely just decided to ignore the instructions. :shithappens:

Sections of styrene were cut, glued in place, and then sanded to shape - re scribing still required.

Hmmmm...

Ok- I sort of understand.

Has Martin legged me up..? I only at present have the slats themselves- and NO instructions, and wasnt quite sure exactly what u had done. Are ther also the "fixed to the wing" parts included in the slat kit?

If not then one has to make this him/Jenself?

Straight line- where- doh- "whats go-ing on man" (best Neil out of the young Ones voice)

Are there also the "fixed to the wing" parts included in the slat kit?

Yep - looks like you cut a couple of recesses out of the wing leading edge, and the location for these would line up with the protruding bits on the back of the slat - if youve got them, take a look and it will make more sense

Straight line- where- doh- "whats go-ing on man" (best Neil out of the young Ones voice)

I'll try and take a pic of the instructions later Rich

Hmmmm...

Ok- I sort of understand.

Has Martin legged me up..? I only at present have the slats themselves- and NO instructions, and wasnt quite sure exactly what u had done. Are ther also the "fixed to the wing" parts included in the slat kit?

If not then one has to make this him/Jenself?

:oops:

Sorry Rich, I've just checked and I do still have two complete sets of instructions - I'll keep them aside for the next time you come over

One thing apparent Gary (and I've noted it my build) is that the section betwwen the flaps and the ailerons don't match up - I guess Airfix never indended them to be separated!!! - I see you've added plastic card and filler to fill the upper part.....does this match up with Neil's resin parts?

EDIT: Just seen "Palacefan's" posting -- nice one Wayne!

Edited by Bill Clark

• 3 months later...