*Matchbox Hawk T1 FINISHED

Mark M

I dont know if its the angle of the pic but it looks a little splayed out Mark whats it look like stood on its rubber

Russ

i think its the picture angle, i havent stood it right yet as when i came to work it still wasnt dry, ill check in the morning but the fit was pants so i may have to adjust

Tidy work on the decals, amazing how they bring things to life as the finish nears. Now you'll need to do another 8 for a formation display! :pilot:

check out my hawk thread in the moden section, all of her sisters will be there

100_2760.jpg

Nice one Mark. :clap2:

Just a couple of points to watch out for in future builds; I'm pretty sure that the wheel wells and the doors are always pale grey on UK Hawks with varying amounts of accumulated grime (oil & hydraulic fluid stains + the odd insect). Whilst the Blues probably lick their aircraft clean after each outing, I've never seen a red gear bay. :) Other point was the rather conspicuously absent demarcation between the front and rear sections of the canopy, which you seem to have tackled well on the rest of your (rapidly expanding) fleet.

PS/ I do hope you're planning on building a 1:72 RAF Valley to keep these all in. I wonder how big the runway will need to be...

Edited by Kirk

thanks Kirk actually i have painted the undercart bay but took the photo fisrt, its now a light but dirty grey!

i have a plan for the run way (but havent told SHMBO yet), as you can see in the piccys there is an ikea unit well i have them all rounf the 'office' giving me nearly 10m at 40 cm wide im going to print runway bases off and convert the tops, and have even a control tower to go on, but my stumbling block is that i married a RAF Police snowdrop!!

Don't worry about the runways Mark, you can always just do the pan!

Very nice finish on the Reds Hawk but one little thing for next time. The forward fuselage stripes shoud meet at the base of the pitot like this:

reds_2006_031.jpg

Keep on building those lovely Hawks!

Phil.

Don't worry about the runways Mark, you can always just do the pan!

Very nice finish on the Reds Hawk but one little thing for next time. The forward fuselage stripes shoud meet at the base of the pitot like this:

reds_2006_031.jpg

Keep on building those lovely Hawks!

Phil.

cheers Phil

Nice photo!

Antony

Isn't it great ? I hasten to add its not one of mine of course! Sky-Flash.com has a brilliant Red Arrows mini-site. EJ van Koningsveld is an amazing photographer.

Phil