*Matchbox Hawk T1 FINISHED

Mark M

here my build if its ok

heres the kit, the only problem is the decals are yellow and horrible so if its ok i will use the decals from the airfix kits

100_2740.jpg

100_2741.jpg

100_2742.jpg

i plan for it to be complet at 4pm tommorow

Edited by markmarples

Not liking how the pilots and tub are on the red sprue but i know you will make her pretty looking forward to seeing another one of your hawk collection get built

Russ

here my build if its ok

heres the kit, the only problem is the decals are yellow and horrible so if its ok i will use the decals from the airfix kits

i plan for it to be complet at 4pm tommorow

4pm tomorrow! Nothing like giving yourself a tight deadline, good luck!

Antony

ok a quick update, im still going for 4pm ish, the hawk needs more filler than plastic, wing fit is attrocious. im going to try somthing for the first time, ive dipped the canopy in clear (ok i dropped it in the bottle) so when its dry im going to mask it and glue with cyno and with luck it wont fog, im still not sure which scheem to go for but at the moment for ease she looking red

100_2751.jpg

100_2750.jpg

and glue with cyno and with luck it wont fog,]

Best thing then is to try to get the fit that good that it will stay in place without glueing.

Whenever I can,I don't glue the clear parts.

Edited by Erwin

Best thing then is to try to get the fit that good that it will stay in place without gluing.

Whenever I can,I don't glue the clear parts.

I usually use Kristal Klear- no fogging, dries clear, takes paint.

problem solved!

:coat:

well i havent done anymore cos ive been working and busy doing jobs for swmbo, and im on nights tonight so no more before monday, but i have made a decision

im going to use the kits decals and build her as she was ment to be out of the box, and am using the kits colour call outs, (although the red is too dark)

thanks mate, few more bits too do

seal with Klear

pitol

undercart

nose light made from pva (as ive lost the other one)

smoke pod

but im on nights so im slowtiming

i recon tuesday lunch times about right

Top draw again Mr marples the decals turned out really good judging by the pics

Russ

Top draw again Mr marples the decals turned out really good judging by the pics

Russ

im well chuffed with the decals, the yellow just wiped off with a damp tissue after soaking in warm water before putting each one on, im glad i used them now