Pegasus 1/72 Martinsyde Buzzard F4 groupbuild

Hi all,

First group build- and only my 3rd stringbag. (I'm fairly new to this modelling game anyway, so every model is a steep learning curve. Loving it so far!)

Anyhow- to start. pictures of the kit.

DSC02199.jpg

DSC02204.jpg

DSC02201.jpg

DSC02202-1.jpg

DSC02203.jpg

first impressions, all looks well. Only slight irritation is the cockpit interior framing is inexplicably included on only one fuselage half, but a couple of moulding imperfections spoil what is there anway so both sides will need scratching.

I was warned-off taking on a limited run biplane kit, but my first few models were ancient Frog and Matchbox kits, so I feel almost qualified to attempt a short run injection kit after them!

I will be starting the build in the next couple of days. I fully expect to miss the deadline completely.

Will

Edited by Killingholme

walrus,

It's not that unusual- I nearly went for a Broplan vacform IVL A22 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IVL_A.22_Hansa, but I thought better of it!!

Anyway...

I have spent a while cleaning up all the parts of this kit. The simple cockpit is assembled, the Hispano-Suiza engine painted (most will be hidden) and this is the last shot before it is 'sewn up' tonight.

DSC02220.jpg

Will

Hi all,

I've stitched the fuselage together. It will require a wee bit of filling but nothing drastic. The engine is just slotted in place at the moment. The instructions say add it before closing the fuselage halves an adding the top 'deck'. The way I've one it means you can slot it in after painting which will save a lot of time and effort. Getting a full engine casting is nice because quite a lot of crankcase can be seen in the gap between the radiator and cowling. Now to think of something to put in there to 'busy' it up a bit.

DSC02222.jpg

DSC02224.jpg

Will

great so far, watching with interest as i want to build one of these & a few other Pegasus in the stash (big ack especiallY) just need to pluck up courage

• 2 weeks later...

I am stuck!

The strut material supplied is plastic extrusion and way too wobbly for my skill levels. It appears a brass strut product called 'strutz' was once available from aeroclub, but not anymore. So this build is on hold until I work out how to get hold of tube fine enough for me to crush down to an aerofoil profile. watch this space (whilst I probably just go and build a Finnish Fokker D.XXI instead...the MPM kit is just so cool!)

Will

Edited by Killingholme