The Happy Birthday thread

Mike

9 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Well I have achieved a millestone today. 70 years of dodging the bullets, despite a couple of close calls in the past few years.

Maybe just lucky I guess, but my grandfather, father and brother never got this far.

I will be (moderately) celebrating in view of recent events, but the big question remains.......can I work my way through my stash?

Happy birthday Frank, but you're just a kid still.:)

John.

• 2 months later...

Well, George Vl still had a few years left in him when I popped into the world on this day, as did SWMBO (but she beat me by 10 hours) So we've been out and polished off a three course meal at the Porte Bleu, consisting of Tempura Gombas, followed by a 200gm Aberdeen Angus steak, followed by a chocolate fondant, and finished off with an Americano. I think the phrase is "Stuffed!"

John (SWMBO's toy boy).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Well, George Vl still had a few years left in him when I popped into the world on this day, as did SWMBO (but she beat me by 10 hours) So we've been out and polished off a three course meal at the Porte Bleu, consisting of Tempura Gombas, followed by a 200gm Aberdeen Angus steak, followed by a chocolate fondant, and finished off with an Americano. I think the phrase is "Stuffed!"

John (SWMBO's toy boy).

Happy Birthday to you both. 🎂🎂🎂🥃🥂🍾🍴🍺

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

My three score and ten today, although still 25 in my head. How am I celebrating the day? Well originally we were going up to Northumberland for a couple of days, with a stop to see HMS Triconmalee. However, our car was making a squeaking noise at low speed, and the and brake wouldn't hold very well, so on Tuesday took into the garage. We have used them for years and so believed them when they said it was unsafe and needed work. It us ready today and so this morning two bus rides to pick it up. The upside is that one of our friends asked about how old I was going to be and after Mrs T told her the saga, we are now having lunch out with them and some other friends. All very first World problems. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Mr T said:

My three score and ten today, although still 25 in my head. How am I celebrating the day? Well originally we were going up to Northumberland for a couple of days, with a stop to see HMS Triconmalee. However, our car was making a squeaking noise at low speed, and the and brake wouldn't hold very well, so on Tuesday took into the garage. We have used them for years and so believed them when they said it was unsafe and needed work. It us ready today and so this morning two bus rides to pick it up. The upside is that one of our friends asked about how old I was going to be and after Mrs T told her the saga, we are now having lunch out with them and some other friends. All very first World problems. 

Happy Birthday good sir. 🎂🎂🎂🥃🍺🍷🍾

• Thanks 1

Happy birthday Mr T better to be safe than sorry with car brakes hope you have a great day celebrating.  🎂

Stay Safe

beefy

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone, we have the car back, the bill makes interesting reading with the new parts! I had a really nice lunch with friends at a Bundobust in Leeds (Indian street food and a huge selection of beers). Looking forward to Leeds model show tomorrow. 

• Like 3

My 70th birthday today,where has all that time gone. They say that you are only as old as the women you feel 😈, where is that 25 year old? Wishful thinking.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, RAF4EVER said:

My 70th birthday today,where has all that time gone. They say that you are only as old as the women you feel 😈, where is that 25 year old? Wishful thinking.

If you find one, see if she has a friend. LOL

Happy birthday sir, 

Simon.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RAF4EVER said:

Many happy returns, and have a great day.

John.

• Thanks 1