Sepecat Jaguar GB - welcome all

Gary West

Said the man with a 72nd Mach Poo Valiant in the stash. :rolleyes:

'ere! That phrase is copyright! Only I'm allowed to say Mach Poo ©

© 2006-8 M I Williams Enterprises.

Only cos they dont make one in 1:48. When they do Col, promise to give you first refusal :pipe:

Cheers Gary, I'll take you up on that offer and gladly refuse it :lol:

'ere! That phrase is copyright! Only I'm allowed to say Mach Poo ©

© 2006-8 M I Williams Enterprises.

I do beg your pardon Sire and look forward to seeing you make exclusive use of said phrase in your next progress report :P

Another latecomer - I started a 1/72 T.2 about 7 years ago, and have this week rescued it from the dusty box it was in - had got as far as doing the cockpit and sticking the fuse halves together, which I hope doesn't disqualify it. After a bit of sanding and filling and priming it looks like it may be a goer so I shall probably finish it as the last RAF T.4 (SEXY) as on arrival at Cosford on its last flight. And perhaps one of the Spotty Jag though I'm undecided as to whether it'll be 1/48 or 1/72.

Kinda assuming I've got a camera... ;)

Will get the wings on and add various missing bits to the fuselage next and then take the first pics.

The cockpit is an embarassment as I intended a simple OOB build all those years ago, so it's got 'orrible black/white/blue decals for the panels (Hobbycraft kit you see... thought at the time it was awfully similar to the Hasegawa one and I see from a search it's a rebox of that). Not sure I can do much about it now other than cover the panels with black paint! At least I have some etched bits to tart up the seats with.

Not sure I can do much about it now other than cover the panels with black paint! At least I have some etched bits to tart up the seats with.

You could always stretch some sprue and cut some up to give you a few raised knobs. Would make all the differnce when dry brushed?

Afternoon all,

With the sense of timing of a retarded sloth, I'm finally putting my hand up for a meager contribution to this Group Build. I probably said something similar for the last GB, but this is different...... this is Jaguars! Mmmmmmm, Jagalicious.....

Okay, enough of the intro. My intention is to bang out a few Hasegawa/Hobbycraft kits in 72nd. Nothing like overextension......

If the plan comes to fruition, then there should be the following:

1. GR.1 from II(AC) Sqn in the mid-late '80s
  2. an A from the AdA in Chad browns, again from the '80s
  3. Omani single-seater, with TIALD pod
  4. Indian two-seater in the current grey scheme

Disclaimer: The first few days of leave make a man think that everything is possible. Experience suggests that a miracle will see one of them finished.

Anyway, should be fun. I've enjoyed watching the builds so far, and can't really defer getting involved myself any longer. Standby for news/pics.

Andrew.

Hello Gary

I am about to start 3 british Jaguars (2 GR 1 and 1 two seater) . My question is : should I lower systematicly all flaps down on the wings of my cats or Jaguars can be sometimes seen with flaps up ?

I am aware of the existence of a resin kit by Airwaves, I believe, but very tough to find in France . And I'm lazy to start on plastic surgery !

Thanks a lot for helping me if you can .

In every day service life they would usually be seen with slats deployed and flaps down (to either take-off or landing setting depending on whether the jet was being readied for use or had just come back from a sortie); and always deployed when taxiing. However... they were regularly seen with the flaps and slats put away - if being pushed back into a hangar they were often (not always) retracted; if put on display at an airshow, or for a photo shoot or backdrop to a parade they were usually retracted then too. Bottom line - you can get away with it, they weren't always deployed - but I'd say the majority of the time they were.

Joining in with the fun!

Declaring an Airfix 1/48 kit - which will be built with as few mods as I can get away with.

I've got an Airwaves Harrier pilot to put in the cockpit, and aim to create wing fences, instead of using the overwing Sidewinder pylons.

Kit has decals for XZ363 as she appeared at Fairford in 1989.

I won a spot the differences contest with a local newspaper in 1989 - and was given 2 adult and 2 child tickets for the show, so would have seen her there. This is how I aim to complete my Jag - http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0782...next_id=0754479

• 3 weeks later...
I doubt very much it can carry as much as the TSR2 was projected to, but I don't have the figures to hand to check.

Some of the RAFG Jags were nuclear capable - WE177 I assume - though I don't know the details.

It is surprising what the Jag can hold! something like 10,500lbs (not including fuel!) TSR around 10,000 (including fuel...!?!)

Have put the question on another forum here as the jag build states no what ifs? had better follow the instructions really!

cheers

It is surprising what the Jag can hold! something like 10,500lbs (not including fuel!) TSR around 10,000 (including fuel...!?!)

Have put the question on another forum here as the jag build states no what ifs? had better follow the instructions really!

cheers

OK, looked it up:

Difference between TSR2 empty and max take off weight was around 48,000 lb.

Difference between Jaguar empty and max take off weight was around 19,000 lb. Given 15000 or so of that would be a full internal fuel plus a pair of drop tanks and you haven't got much left for bombs; whereas the TSR2 was expected to carry full internal fuel plus 6 x 1000 lb bombs and have room for more.

HI all I'm in; :evil_laugh:

I have already been watching this GB for a while now and have built a revell Gr.1, a model with alot of "first timer's in". I've decided to join with two kits, possibly 4 if I wanna :analintruder:

1.) Hasegawa Gr.1, converting to Gr.3, eduard detail sets, model alliance decals for 2005 display bird--possibly resin ejection seat if I deem it so :hobbyhorse:

2.) Hasegawa Gr.1, converted to french A, eduard set and shark mouth decals, might make it a chad bird though.---same about ejecton seat.

I will be borrowing the tanks from the Italeri E and the other stuff stores actually lol.

3.) Started the Italeri E a long time ago, could conintue with that only its missing a few bits, might have to buy a spare kit just for the extra bits lost, will be purely OOB if I actually do this one in the chad type camo----Just that I find the two seat Jaguars abit, dare I say it, ugly :gobsmacked:

Also I probably will post some pic's of the revell OOB bird I have built, with 4 GP 1000lb iron bombs as the load. If I continue my story lol, I am also half way through a GR.1 that will/in process of being painted in the snow Norway camoflage scheme, don't know If I can use this though as It is in the painting stage, and I kinda mssed it up :shithappens: . Oh and all will be in flight display models, just love that sleek jet look :analintruder:

But definitly the first two jags I am thinking, now just need to find a camera and log onto, is it, photobucket? not to good with computers lol.

• 1 month later...