*1/72 Buccaneer S2B

Plastic Bonsai

Here's my build.

BUCC1.jpg

Current thoughts are an RAFG version, wheels up with parts from the Airfix offering - tanks mainly, and a Modeldecal sheet.... but that could change. I have a particularly vicious carpet monster that's stalled several builds recently so I hope I can keep my options open.

Neat how it just fits in the box

Bucc3.jpg

Note the nostalgic price tag.

bucc2.jpg

Edited by Deon

Ah those were the days when a three colour "Orange kit" cost 55p........

Understand some shape issues with this one, however if you have the airfix one you can get one decent one from two boxes....damn memory can't remember what the issues were? Tink canopy was one of them (Aeroclub have a Vac-form one)

Cheers

Col'

I've got one of these too, saving it it for the next KUTA though, with aeroclub u/c, canopy and a resin replacement tailplane. Built the MB one previously back in my teens and was very happy with the kit, hope this one goes well and looking forwards to seeing some progress!

• 2 weeks later...

Sideways progress...

Fitted the wings and nacelles Sammy-style and u/c doors as I was certain I wanted wheels up so it's progress? The fit was quite good. Most of one sprue gone already. It has very deep channels so I went for superglue and Tipex and a lot of sanding. I hope this is going to be worth it.

I was worrying about the jet engine faces - in flight the blades won't be visible but I think there are stators across the front which would be - I remember we had a groundie sucked up by one at HOSM. He survived being minced by the stators I guess - so has anyone a picture of these? It's a bit OTT but I would like to try a little on this build to up my game. I'm thinking the jet pipe needs to be separate from the fairing as well so I'm stalled a bit here too. Oh well back to more sanding...

bucc.jpg