Airfix Nimrod

regulus

Courtesy David F on HyperScale's Plane Talking:

"Had a chance to fondle Airfixs new 1/72 Nimrod and the good news is it looks like we are back in the glory days of the Late mark Spitfire and Lightning.

These were test shots but the quality looks very good with alternative parts fo all the main variants. There is a bomb bay with assorted weaponry but the cockpit is basic though any detail would be almost invisable through the small cockpit windows.

No decals or instruction sheet so can not say what the markings will be but i am hoping that someone will do Gurnsey Girl so i can build one for my wife who has family links with the island.

A more detailed preview and sprue shots will be in the SAMi on sale next month but I can say with confidance this one should sell by the shed load if it fits as good as it looks.

David F

Ps No firm date fo release I would hope for Telford but more likley a Xmas present.

PPS No way a comet can be built from this kit without retooling 95%

PPS It is large about the same size as a 1/32 F-100!!!"

Nice to have some good news, looking forward to it.

Lee

I do hope it's comparable to the Lightnings and Spits. As the releases after those where very dissapointing. I may just purchase one when they are released.

Nige.

Wooohoo! :yahoo:

Had one on pre-order from Hannants since they were announced, definitely clearing the bench when that one lands.

Mind you, displaying that bomb-bay on a parked bird could be problematic. There's bugger all clearance between the bottom of the doors and the ground.

I believe that Guernsey Girls I and II are on a forthcoming Model Alliance sheet, the Airfix kit will featured XV250 "Maid of Moray".

Apparently.

:whistle:

So subtle Jonathon :D

May put one of these on pre-order...first foray into 1/72 since way back when but its a modern British subject, so something of a 'must have' as far as I'm concerned :D

Had heard there was test shots in the country, now who will spike SAMI's scoop? B):coolio::evil_laugh:

To be honest they should really have put the test shots up on thier own website, to blow thier own trumpet.

However with one already on pre-order i think i may well invest in at least another (but not to the extent of TSR2's), and will be one to look forward too. I just hope that these test shots are OK and no further revisions are required as that would certainly mean arrival after Telford with Christmas being the earliest.

(Hmmn so thats the 2 kits i was really looking forward to buying at SMW now unlikley to make a showing except as possible test shots and as built up examples ! - Nimrod & P1154 but thats the world of modelling, at least both are being produced and will soon appear :clap2: )

G

Why bother, you'll be too busy jumping ship to B C!

I'll take it with me. Along with the rest of the must have kits that I'll never get round to building. Saying that though the winters are longer, which equates to more modelling time.

Nige.

Great news - have been looking forward to this kit for a long time and as for the `guernsey girl` decals cool - hope the `goodbye saddam you are the weakest link` going to be included as well

Sandy

I do beleive that "Saddam" is also on one of the MA sheets as is "Battlestar" and a number of other nose arts and special schemes.

Edited by Jonathan Mock

Wooohoo! :yahoo:

Mind you, displaying that bomb-bay on a parked bird could be problematic. There's bugger all clearance between the bottom of the doors and the ground.

Works on the real thing

So if the kit is right, it should work on the model.

Quick poll- What colours are you going to build yours in?

Mine will be Hemp with the large dark roundels :D

Shaun.