Tornadoes from Marinefliegers 1 and 2

F111Fan

Marinefliegers 1 and 2-Tornado IDS

1:72 HaHen Decals

So, after many problems with my internet, I have now finally managed to get round to this review! Can I apologise for the photos, as they were taken just after the parcel came on my phone. I know a few people have been waiting on this, so here goes!

Everything arrives in a sturdy, well packed envelope:

Photo0337.jpg

Upon opening, everything is sealed in a Ziploc bag, so I know for sure there is no way these could have been damaged in transit!

Photo0339.jpg

The instruction sheets are well printed, if with a little broken English-but they are a German company, so it's understandable

Photo0340.jpg

Photo0341.jpg

Now, looking at the decals themselves, I was confused. The top half of the main sheet seemed to be very bad quality, and there were duplicates of these bad quality decals on the other, smaller sheet-but there is logic behind this...

Photo0343.jpg

Photo0344.jpg

Upon closer reading of the instructions, it transpires that the duplicate decals are there for a reason. To stop the paint colour showing through, you place the decals off the smaller sheet on first, and then place the same decal from the main sheet OVER the previous decal. Now, this seems logical-but have you seen the size of some of the stencils they want you to double place?! Mercifully, you only need to double-place the coloured transfers. The carrier film looks remarkably thin, and everything seems to be in register. There is a range of numbers, so you can make any machine you want that you can find reference for.

Conclusions

All in all, this looks like a very good set of decals. Everything is clear, concise and well packed. However, I don't think you should have to create an account on their site to purchase. But maybe that's just my preference. They offer a wide range of products (look at the Immelman RF-4E :hypnotised: ), and give regular email updates to you. I will, more than likely, be buying off them again.

Reveiw sample courtesy of my wallet :D

Edited by F111Fan

Oh my word! :bounce:

I did not know about this decal prducer. But just look at all the nice schemes... Alpha Jets, F-104s, Tornados... Hopefully he will be doing some 80s-vintage F-4F schemes.

Thanks for the review, F111Fan, and for the heads up.

Oh my word! :bounce:

I did not know about this decal prducer. But just look at all the nice schemes... Alpha Jets, F-104s, Tornados... Hopefully he will be doing some 80s-vintage F-4F schemes.

Thanks for the review, F111Fan, and for the heads up.

Cheers Enzo, it's my first review so thank you :D

Edited by F111Fan

• 8 months later...