Typhoon Reference Information - UPDATED with corrected Italian Typhoon colours

Bobski

Sorry - me again!

Does the 2nd Asraam pylon in from the wingtip 'mate' (in an aerodynamic way) with the flap actuator fairing? Or does it just sit in front of it?

I can't quite make out from any pictures that i've seen how it attaches on the wing.

Thanks, as always.

Dermot

The pylon in question is the outboard wing pylon and the fairing at the rear replaces the fairing over the actuator. The launcher is loaded onto the pylon and the missile onto the launcher.

The 'pylon' outboard of this one isn't a pylon at all, just a launcher.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been offered a spare tail from an Airfix eurofighter to replace the one I threw away from my hasegawa build, know the kits rather poor but would it be that noticeable compared a build with the orginal

Yes. The Airfix kit is based on concept models and predates even the prototype aircraft, hence the many errors when comparing it to a production jet. It may not even fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all...

I've gone through as many pages of this thread as I can and I haven't seen this asked/answered (though it's possible I missed it!).

Are they any aftermarket Flir pods out there, so I could quickly and easily upgrade an F2 kit to an FGR4 kit (or at least make the most noticeable change anyhow)? If not, does anyone have a spare Flir pod that came with a kit that they don't need? It's for a 1:72 build.

Thanks...

J.

Thanks for the offer and for correcting the name of the pod. As it happens, I got home and checked the plastic in the box (Airfix 1:72 Typhoon Starter Kit) and it actually has the Pirate/Flir pod! So I guess I'm sorted thanks... :)

J.

• 4 weeks later...

I cant seem to figure out the right color for Italian Typhoon in Gunze Sangyo range. Can anyone please help?

It doesn't exist in any range other than Lifecolor, and then only in a special set of Italian aircraft paints, so you'd need to mix it. Personally I'd take Medium Sea Grey and mix from there.

It doesn't exist in any range other than Lifecolor, and then only in a special set of Italian aircraft paints, so you'd need to mix it. Personally I'd take Medium Sea Grey and mix from there.

Bobski, all concerned

As Bobski quite rightly states Lifecolour is the way to go, As I found out on my recent Kinetic AMX

However it can be obtained on its own,as well asin the set

A quick Google search turned this up for me,

http://www.graphicair.co.uk/products/LifeColor-Sky-Grey-16-%2822ml%29-FS-36280.html

Other retailers are of course available,

Hope this helps

RG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

To the naked eye, the intake trunking, landing gears, inside of gear bay doors and gear bays all look white.

Since Revell color call outs are mostly wrong, what color will be the right one for all these areas of the Eurofighter?

What is that silver button like sensor just at the fuselage radome boundary? It is an Angle of Attack probe? I see it one some Typhoons and not on some others.

They're Laser Warner sensors from the defensive system. They're not carried by all the operators so are only seen on some jets. For more info see the Eurofighter website: http://www.eurofighter.com/the-aircraft

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone used Olimp sets for Revell Typhoon kit?

I have used their set for Kinetic/Italeri Mirage 2000D and some of their parts were oversized.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234976113-italeri-mirage-2000d-148/

Is this the case with Typhoon detail sets as well?

Yes, at least as far as the replacement exhausts are concerned. I've tried them and they're far too big. A complete waste of money and I'd avoid them like the plague. Their weapons and pylons seem to be OK though.

• Like 1

Yes, at least as far as the replacement exhausts are concerned. I've tried them and they're far too big. A complete waste of money and I'd avoid them like the plague. Their weapons and pylons seem to be OK though.

And what about their intakes? Revell seems to have made a mess of deep intakes by putting a blanking plate type of part at the back.

And what about their intakes? Revell seems to have made a mess of deep intakes by putting a blanking plate type of part at the back.

I haven't used the intakes. The pain I went through with the exhausts has put me off buying anything else from Olimp except weapons sets.

Hello all. Does anybody know what these are?

This pic was borrowed from Chris Hulme on fox2 website - this is his acct on flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/christopherhulme/ . I couldn't contact him directly to ask permission, i would just like to know what these blisters are, if possible.

TIA

Those are mounting points for conformal fuel tanks (which, incidentally, have not yet flown). They're only on the newer Tranche 3 jets.

Edited by Bobski
  • Like 1