Typhoon Reference Information - UPDATED with corrected Italian Typhoon colours

Bobski

There is a lot of detail behind the pilot seat, are there any pictures that can shared of that area of the cockpit?

Also, Revell kit has made the front of the cockpit, the coaming, very basic. I have seen a lot more detail there but since pictures are distant, they dont make much sense. Any pictures shared of that area too will be very helpful.

Hi all

I take it all one needs to physically do to the Revell 1/72 kit to get DA2 ZH588 (now hanging in the RAF Museum at Hendon) would be add the pitot tube(?) to the nose?

Please shout-out if I`m wrong.

May give DIY decals a try again

TIA :bye:

Cheers, Ian

PS- RAF Typhoon`s on Sky News prog called `Britain`s Top Guns`, this Sunday at 20:30.

Edited by ian buick

Hi all

I take it all one needs to physically do to the Revell 1/72 kit to get DA2 ZH588 (now hanging in the RAF Museum at Hendon) would be add the pitot tube(?) to the nose?

Please shout-out if I`m wrong.

May give DIY decals a try again

TIA :bye:

Cheers, Ian

There are quite a few differences, some more subtle than others. I don't have an exhaustive list but there are differences around the wingtip pods and the seat. It shouldn't be too hard to do provided you check some references :-)

• Like 1

There are quite a few differences, some more subtle than others. I don't have an exhaustive list but there are differences around the wingtip pods and the seat. It shouldn't be too hard to do provided you check some references :-)

Wow, a reply in seven minutes: the force is strong with Britmodeller tonight! :goodjob:

Thanks Bobski, now that I know there are differences I shall look harder.

Cheers, Ian :cheers:

Post how you get on Ian. I have a Revell Typhoon in my stash earmarked as ZH588. Was thinking of using decal for the numerous strain sensors(?) .

The Target Lock page has some info about ZH588 and the airliners.net pic is here.

Shout if you're going down the print your own decals route as I'm up for a set. Otherwise the Italeri kit mentioned above has tri-nation roundels. Think I've seen the cockerel somewhere too. I have a nagging feeling it was a Model Alliance set(???)

Cheers,

Kirk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

me again, finishing off another tiffie, had intended to load it with 4x asraam/amraam and the centre line tank, but now decided to add a couple of paveways 1000 pounders , which station would be appropriate, the inboard pair 4&10 or the fule tank postions 3&11?

Paveway II (UK) on any of the wing pylons.

Selwyn

• Like 1

EDIT: what a wally, I don't have LITENING pod, would be wrogn to put bombs on my one without one of those on the centreline, guess have to do without them

Why?

You don't necessarily need a designation pod to drop LGB's. you can have your bombs designated by another aircraft or by a ground based designator. Its desirable to have a Designator pod fitted but not mandatory.

Selwyn

• Like 1

Why?

You don't necessarily need a designation pod to drop LGB's. you can have your bombs designated by another aircraft or by a ground based designator. Its desirable to have a Designator pod fitted but not mandatory.

Selwyn

true, but AFAIK the policy now is for self designation so highly unlikly in reality to see the bobms without litening fitted, maybe I will fit them, can always add the litening later when freighttdog get them back in stock

Edited by PhantomBigStu