Clostermanns Spitfire VII

Gary C

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find a picture or profile of Clostermanns Spitfire VII DU-G/MD114 featured on the Carpena sheet 48-62. Hannants have an image of the sheet but not the instructions and I believe the Carpena site is no more, soooooooo, if somebody could post a pic of the scheme or describe it I'd be most grateful,

Cheers,

Gary

Not sure if Clostermann flew that aircraft, but he probably did. (It was certainly Ian Blair that shot down the Bf109)

One of the the extant pictures is here:

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=74176

Note the aircraft was on the Station Flight books and used their 'DU' code

Colour scheme was medium Sea Grey over PRU blue with a low demarcation line

Edited by Dave Fleming

Dave,

Many thanks! I was hoping it would be the grey/ blue scheme. All very interesting, I've got the second reprint edition of The Big Show from 1955 and the 'Tussle in the Stratosphere' chapter is there in full with him claiming to have flown that day. It makes for an exciting read but I'd like to see the modified version now :lol: .

Given the controversy I'm going to order the sheet and do DU-G. I've got a Hasegawa SEAC VIII boxing and a set of spare extended wingtips from the Clostermann IX boxing. Is there anything else I need to do or be on the lookout for?

Gary

In the text, Clostermann says he was flying an earlier Mk.VII with the original rudder. I've not seen a picture of the earlier batch in other than standard Day Fighter colours, or in the DU codes.

The other known HFVIIs at Skaebrae were MB763, MB828, MD114, MD118, MD122 and MD138