Trumpeter A-10 Warthog

Ponti

Can anyone help me in identifying the weapons load on this aircraft. And can they tell me if I can gat any of the bits not in the kit from anywere else.

loadednl9.jpg

Left to right

AIM-9M Sidwinders

Seven shot Rocket pod (Smoke)

AGM-65 IR Mavericks

MK-82 on TER

Travel pods (old Naparm cans)

MK-82 on TER

AGM-65 TV Mavericks

Seven shot Rocket pod (Smoke)

ALQ-131 ECM pod

Are you looking for 1/32 scale?

Yep affraid so, have a few of the bits sidwinders, mavericks and the travel pods,

so would only need or have plans for the ECM pod and the 7 shot rocket pods. Have 82's but think they will need modifying then. ECM in the kit is different think its a ALQ-119

Hello Ponti,

Re the ECM pod, intel I've been collecting when building my A-10, is that ALQ 119 was used during Desert Storm by US based units, deployed to the gulf, while the 131 pod was used by Europe based units, if that can help.

Cheers

Stef (#6)

Was that picture taken at Aviano?

Pass was sent to me so don't know it's origin

Hello Ponti,

Re the ECM pod, intel I've been collecting when building my A-10, is that ALQ 119 was used during Desert Storm by US based units, deployed to the gulf, while the 131 pod was used by Europe based units, if that can help.

Cheers

Stef (#6)

Hi Stef,

Thanks for the intel. Am building mine as a Europe based aircraft as I have the "Astra decals" set for germany.

G'day Ponti,

I think that Trumpeter have recently issued a U.S 1/32 weapons set, which includes the ALQ-131. I also think Cutting edge make a 1/32 dual rail adapter (DRA) for the twin AIM-9 set up.

I am not 100% but I think that all the AGM-65 Maverick's in your pic are the IR version as the scene-mag (TV) version don't have orange lenses, but a clear bue/black lens.

The load-out in the pic would not be a typical load-out, in fact I don't think they are allowed to carry the Mavericks in triples, but usually carry them in a 'slant two' config, so that the outer shoulder and bottom centre stations are loaded but the inner shoulder station is empty. The Maverick is also typically carried singly on a different adapter.

Still, if you want to build it exactly as in the pic, it is possible to physically load them,

cheers,

Pappy

G'day Ponti,

I think that Trumpeter have recently issued a U.S 1/32 weapons set, which includes the ALQ-131. I also think Cutting edge make a 1/32 dual rail adapter (DRA) for the twin AIM-9 set up.

I am not 100% but I think that all the AGM-65 Maverick's in your pic are the IR version as the scene-mag (TV) version don't have orange lenses, but a clear bue/black lens.

The load-out in the pic would not be a typical load-out, in fact I don't think they are allowed to carry the Mavericks in triples, but usually carry them in a 'slant two' config, so that the outer shoulder and bottom centre stations are loaded but the inner shoulder station is empty. The Maverick is also typically carried singly on a different adapter.

Still, if you want to build it exactly as in the pic, it is possible to physically load them,

cheers,

Pappy

Thanks for that info, will have a look at some different loads see if there is anything else that catches my eye.

These might help

If you need some more just shout.

:gobsmacked: Love the pictures, thanks very helpful

Hello again,

Here, on that very interesting site about Desert Storm, listed the most used weapons configs : linky

HTH

Cheers

Stef (#6)

Cheers nice bit of info, nice site for Desert Storm modelling of any type. Thanks for the link