Deon's Polikarpov I 152 1/72

Deon

This is the Aviation Usk1/72 152, might have come to me via the mighty generous Blimp who sent me a stack of SCW aircraft. So this ones got nice , v subtle engraving, sparse interior and will be in forest green over aluminium, with T LLv 35 immediately before its crash in 1943, after which it got the full on camo scheme. I think the aircraft was renumbered from VH11 to IH2 before the crash.

partsshot.jpg

Edited by Deon

Tried using masking tape for the internal frames, seems ok so far Just need to build a rear bulkhead. Im leaving the machine guns out of the pit as this was a training / replacement aircraft. Seat , panels and controls needed now...

DSCF0023-1.jpg

internals.jpg

sorry for the crap photo!

Edited by Deon

sealing for sure, ill probably try a squirt of Mr Surfacer 500 before the seat and joystick goes in. Im hoping theres a spitfire type stick in the pile of Aeroclub stuff Ive got coming else its time to raid the stash. Rear bulkhead needs what looks like a map case and Im going to drill out the ins. panel and try and plop some punched dials in. :)

• 1 month later...

So, here's where Im at, quickly running out of time, but nothing to panic about :)

Silver dope on underside, still need to add seat and joystick once the greens added. I used testors metalizer aluminum, so Ill be sealing it with Klear before the decals go on. must n't forget to make the exhaust and pitot ...

bottompnt.jpg