Sci Fi and Space and super heroes GB?

Mark M

ok, with the Launch of atlantis and my current build of Irom man im on a bit of a sci fi kick at the moment, i know there are lots of GB's on at them moment and mish is being kept busy, but Sci fi and space appears a bit neglected

this would be a fantasy, sci fi, superheros and current space fantasm!! (if thats a word)

well what do you think .................

I would be up for this as just finishing Batmans Batplane :pilot: at the moment and still have the motorcycle to build and loads of Games-Workshop 40K and Warhammer fantisy to build as well.

Good man

i was thinking

all super heros and villans

all sci fi i.e. Alien's battle star galactica, starwars, terminator.....

comic book heroes

gerry anderson stuff, stingray, jo 90......

war hammer

space shuttles, rockets, probes (the space kind) space stations

what if space stuff i.e. star trek federation tie fighter!

Ha! I'd been thinking about suggesting a Star Wars GB (just the Original Trilogy, you understand), but an all-round space/sci-fi GB would be a lot of fun. Having never made any sci-fi models, I'd be both spoilt for choice and clueless.

Dan

Ha! I'd been thinking about suggesting a Star Wars GB (just the Original Trilogy, you understand), but an all-round space/sci-fi GB would be a lot of fun. Having never made any sci-fi models, I'd be both spoilt for choice and clueless.

Dan

just noticed that relish have 25% off there 1/48 x wing, omg the wife may kill me, shall i sharnt i ............

I have a long suffering Batmobile model that should be finished..

Black Knight Cheers,

ggc

Hi Mark

I have plenty of fantasies but this is a family show and none of them are suitable. :blush:

Funnily enough, earlier today was contemplating asking those who are up for a Steampunk GB if we should open it out to include Sci-Fi, but you pre-empted that move :lol:

Depending what the posse think would that be an acceptable arrangement?

Hi Mark

I have plenty of fantasies but this is a family show and none of them are suitable. :blush:

Funnily enough, earlier today was contemplating asking those who are up for a Steampunk GB if we should open it out to include Sci-Fi, but you pre-empted that move :lol:

Depending what the posse think would that be an acceptable arrangement?

you know after i posted this i thought about your GB thread and worried that i was stepping on your toes!, so what do you recon, add steam punk to the list here and we host it between us, i have 4 including me i dont know if there signed up for your but if not thats 3 more..... no a double sign up thats down to 2 extra for you

how do we go about asking the followers!

Edited by markmarples

Paul its your call, if we are struggling for numers it would make sense but i dont want to detract from your idea, im just so hung up on sci fi at the moment every thing else has gone on hold!

Am guessing that the Sci-fi theme will have more chance of getting the numbers.

We are struggling to get there at the moment

Joining up might be our only way of getting ...

hang on, why does this sound so familiar? :hmmm:

will pose the question and see what the gang thinks.

I am assuming that the subjects would come under your umbrella?

Hi Mark

only just seen your seen your earlier response - sorry

have posted a question in the Steampunk GB thread so will wait to see what the guys think.

iirc we had about 11 peaple listed so were very nearly there, but have stalled again.

Have not bothered with a poll at this stage as we can easily count replies.

so will wait and see what people think. I reckon you will have sufficient interest anyway, but if we do merge I would be willing to co-host.

ok as far as i can figure, thats 9 for the Scifi bit on there own, im a bit surprised there ant any more?

paul - as i said before its your call on merging

Hi Mark

I still reckon you will achieve warp speed

We need one more now for the Steam Punk GB so we may yet get there!

I will add my name to the Sci-Fi fantasy GB as there a Warhammer Fantasy Battle figure or two I have been promising my daughter for her wood Elves.

These will be sculpted from scratch by me.

Also there are a few Builds in the pipeline for the 40K - conversions renovations or scratchbuilds, plus terrain Hopefully these would be eligible.

So four more rebels required.

BTW will still offer to help out as co- host if no one steps up, but I would recommend anyone with some sci-fi knowledge to have a go!

It's a lot of fun.

I am up for this but would have to decide which of my many to do for it.

However, I am trying to get stuff done for the US Nats in August so it would either have to be before then or after.

I am up for this but would have to decide which of my many to do for it.

However, I am trying to get stuff done for the US Nats in August so it would either have to be before then or after.

thanks paul and philip, the date would be end of 2011 i guess, so plenty of time

i make that 12 so 3 more neended at least