Lighting up kits

Ponti

Hi modelling folk, :clap2:

Am currently working on a few kits but the question is about Trumpeters 1/32 A-10 Hog. Would love to light up various light fittings (wing tips, tail etc) I've got a fibre optic kit so bits aren't a problem.

What I wondered is, is it possible to use the landing gear as a conductor :shrug: . Would put a pin in the base below either leg and then solder the wires to the tops inside the wing. Would this loose voltage along the way where the leg would join the pin, and would it create a hot spot around the top of the leg where it passes through the plastic lower wing????? :S

Any takers on answering this, would it work or am I barking up the wrong tree. :shithappens:

When I lit up my 1/72 EH101, I simply ran wires (in the insulation) down the undercarriage legs, like brake lines, then between the wheels I stripped the insulation off and had the bare wire rest on a drawing pin head on the base. This powers the model nicely without any noticeable heating problems.

On a single wheel unit you might have to be cleverer at hiding it. What about a brake line into the wheel hub, then have a pin in the tyre that reaches the wire in the hub. That way you wouldn't see any bare wire.

Or, as the scale is so big, you could actually plug the power supply into the a/c via the appropriate hole in the side of the model and have the power supply in a piece of ground equipment...

HTH

Grant

On a single wheel unit you might have to be cleverer at hiding it. What about a brake line into the wheel hub, then have a pin in the tyre that reaches the wire in the hub. That way you wouldn't see any bare wire.

Or, as the scale is so big, you could actually plug the power supply into the a/c via the appropriate hole in the side of the model and have the power supply in a piece of ground equipment...

HTH

Grant

Hi Grant,

Was aiming to have the model as if it had just touched down so will have a think on the first idea you said. Otherwise plan B