Revell Ju88C Nachtjager

Likely to parallel construction/painting with the Bf110 - this one is more of an unknown quantity.

First the kit - which cost me 2 quid and SMW2000.

Nightfighters004.jpg

One option for the kit is the mount for Major Prince Heinrich zu Say Wittgenstein

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Prin...yn-Wittgenstein - which is the one I plan to build.

At the time of his death, in this aircraft, the Prince was Gremany's highest scoring nightfighter ace.

One slight difficulty is that the painting instructions are in Oriental - so help me if I get it wrong.

Nightfighters005.jpg

I'm thinking overall hellblau with grey splotches.

This might not get started for a little while, as I'm busy with Gloucester model show tonight and tomorrow, and have a lot of other stuff going on.

Cool, never seen that kit before.

On the colours it should be Rlm66 cockpit (dark grey) Rlm76 lichtblau for the main blue/grey colour and I would say Rlm75 mittelgrau for the mottle.

Hope that helps mate and I look forward to seeing your progress with both this and the 110.

Howard

• 2 weeks later...

I love that you're on your second entry while muggins is waiting for my first and only kit to arrive!

Great work by the way!

Declaring this as a pre-historic pile of junk :shithappens: which is hardly worth building :mellow:

Today I closed up the undercarriage doors - first time I'm building a flyer for a looonnng time.

Painted the inside of the canopy, to disguise the nothing inside.

However on the bright side I got a tin of Humbrol 127 working superbly with a soft brush B),

so I kept on brushing until this and the Bf110G were covered.

Ju88C001.jpg

Ju88C002.jpg

Tragically this model took a nose dive - and lost it's aerials.

I can only find one - carpet monster has obviously got the rest.

Checking leftovers from a Dragon He219 from Descemberish. If I've still got them - they will be grafted on after painting.

Tragically this model took a nose dive - and lost it's aerials.

I can only find one - carpet monster has obviously got the rest.

Checking leftovers from a Dragon He219 from Descemberish. If I've still got them - they will be grafted on after painting.

That's a shame, but please don't give up on it. It's looking good so far.

The cat gets its whiskers:

Revell-Ju88-C-6c.jpg

Declaring this model complete:

Revell_Ju88C.jpg

Using aerials from the Dragon He219A0 model.

Painting camo is as described for my Bf110, those dark patches are felt pen.

Revell_Ju88C6.jpg

Before I depart this thread - here are my other Ju88s - by Airfix.

Airfix-Ju88.jpg

and with an Italeri Bf109F4

Ju88-Me109-Mistral-P.jpg

FELT PEN???

(as they say: "you can not be serious" !!! - or are you??)

If so, then I see a new posting is needed on the "tips and techniques" thread on this forum (and a lot of other fora!!) on the use of felt pans (cost £1) instead of high powered airbrushes (cost £189...)

Nice Other builds, especially the Mistel. :jealous:

Prenton

FELT PEN???

Guilty as charged :bangin:

If so, then I see a new posting is needed on the "tips and techniques" thread on this forum (and a lot of other fora!!) on the use of felt pans (cost £1) instead of high powered airbrushes (cost £189...)

I'll do that sometime over the weekend - with some photos. :coolio:

Tim,

I love the build and your finishing style is certainly individual. However, at one point you declared that the kit is a "prehistoric piece of junk - hardly worth building" or somesuch. That sounds like a cry from the heart! What particular bit of Revell kitfoolery made you write that? I'm interested because you made the kit looks so great, I now fancy trying one for myself

regards,

Martin

FELT PEN???

See this thread:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51508

• 3 weeks later...
Tim,

I love the build and your finishing style is certainly individual. However, at one point you declared that the kit is a "prehistoric piece of junk - hardly worth building" or somesuch. That sounds like a cry from the heart! What particular bit of Revell kitfoolery made you write that? I'm interested because you made the kit looks so great, I now fancy trying one for myself

regards,

Martin

Unusual construction technique.

Put cockpit in after joining fuselage halves - but there's nothing really in there.

Detailed engines - that get in the way of the fit.

Ugly props and clumsy undercarriage - that I couldn't be bothered with.

Fitting aerials, with huge seams to treat nearby.

Flash and sink marks like I've not seen lately, and the fit wasn't very good either.

It would all be so different if I designed the kit.

Looking back over this thread now, I was glad when it was over - but I'm very pleased with the way it came out.

It generated some interest (or my pen) at IPMS last night, and is about to go on eternal night patrol in my loft by the weekend.

Best of luck with finding this kit, and building your own model.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon