GB entries..

smuts

I like Gaz's retro nightfighter build so hoping all the bits are there I'm going for :

nightfighter001smalljpg.jpg

& might build a second a slightly more up to date kit!! by Zvezda

ju88smalljpg.jpg

nightfighter004smallpg.jpg

I'm building a 1/48 Tamiya Beaufighter with Ultracast seats and exhausts (if they ever arrive) and possibly a set of Aires wheels.

Edited by Jazzy Jase

When this GB was proposed I said I would be building an Arado Ar 240C-2 NF.

Since then I have decided I would like to something British (and hopefully simpler) so here is my entry, Matchbox's 1:72 Gloster Meteor NF14.

IMG_6662.jpg

I'm pretty sure this conforms to the GB rules, let me know if it doesn't.

Cheers

Deacon

Hello gents! (and ladies?!) I've been looking for an excuse to attempt this kit, the Octopus F7F-3N Tigercat in 1/72 scale and here we are. The obligatory sprue and box shot. I've detached the fuselage and taped her together to see how it will look. Not too shabby, IMHO, but what do I know about Tigercats?! :thumbsup2: There is a bit of flash but not more than could expect from a short run kit. Some nice resin bits, engines and interior, and two vacform canopies for both front and rear cockpits. I hope this kit will apply to the GB, so stop me quick if it doesn't.

One quick question about colors. The first option offered shows an overall black with heavily weathered areas showing gloss sea blue underneath. Was this the norm for this type of a/c or color scheme, to paint the black over the original GSB? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Geoff

DSC03015.jpg

DSC03016.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Of course! What you going to build?

Hi JJ,

I've got 1/72 Malta-based Hurricane night fighter and Hurricane intruder in my stash but since last night I've really got the hots for a 1/48 Hellcat Night Fighter. I know there's already a 1/32 example in the group, but I'm going to tinker about a little and see what I can come up with... would rather keep it simple for my first-ever group build!

Thanks a million - I'll get weaving this week :pilot:

I'm going to join in with this...............

P5150074.jpg

Converted to an NFII using bits robbed from the Tamiya kit and there will some resin casting going on as well...........

Regards

Tim.

My late entry is this:

DSCF3441.jpg

Almost completely as Tamiya intended apart from the use of an Eduard Zoom etch set for a bit more cockpit detail. It will be the Mk.XVII as shown in the box artwork. Not exactly original or creative but I love Mosquitos :bleh: .

Cheers

Can I play?

I'm working on a fairly intensive commission piece at the moment and need a bit of a break. I was looking through the stash for something out of the box and came across this, copying Deacon I'm afraid, but in 1/48.

I want to do Classic Airframes Meteor NF 11/13 as a 13 but with Suez Markings, only thing is this is 1956, is it still within the scope of the GB?

NightFighterGB001.jpg

NightFighterGB002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Glad this one reached you in time to make it to the GB, Ill be interested to see your build Tim as Ive got another Hurri sitting here, either waiting for inspiration or ebay :)

Deon (aka mushak)

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys (second attempt at this - something not quite right with my system and BM today!)

Blame Max (galgos) for this ever so late entry. If he hadn't bought my Bf110G-4 I'd never have found this kit! LOL!

Do I get a prize for the 'Latest Entry in the GB'?

I'm in with this one:

kit-decals.jpg

Revell's old 32nd Bf110C-4B - gonna use EagleCals Decal sheet to make it into Wolfgang Falck's NJG1 E-1 (G9+GA - second option down on instructions).

Bit of a cheat, really, as I intend to build it OOB except for a few tweaks so that it looks more the part (at a quick glance, sideways, with one eye closed, sort of thing... hee hee).

Hope this is acceptable.

Kev