• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

Proud dad

• Root Admin
  • 1,028,752 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

I've just received an email that this kit - AMT643 1/1000 USS ENTERPRISE NCC1701-D ‘NEXT GENERATION’ has been cancelled, which will doubtless disappoint a lot of fans. No reason was given, but I don't doubt that there'll be a lot of speculation on th'internet in due course.

Posted Image

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :shrug:

#2 Karl

Karl

Hey, that's me!!

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:56 PM

Was this a re-release of their original TNG Enterprise-D from years ago or a new tool?

#3 chadders

chadders

I am nobody. Nobody is perfect, therefore I must be perfect

• Banned
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:06 PM

AMT643 is the 1:1400 original release again , and I beleave there was some sort of issue with the tools. AMT 656 (the clear edition) still looks like its coming in July though........strange,
http://www.round2mod...erprise-d-clear
Mark

Edited by chadders, 30 April 2010 - 08:16 PM.

#4 Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Some say he believes Star Wars is a documentary...

• Members
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:41 AM

Is the clear edition more expensive than the standard? Could explain why they've pulled it if it's cheaper, or am I being cynical?

Obi-Jiff :fish:

#5 GreenDragon

GreenDragon

Very Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:40 PM

The tool was actually damaged mechanically but this has been repaired. The original plan was to update and accurize the kit by removing the raised detail and adding Aztec decal sheets but the tool couldn't be altered too much according to the tooling company. The kit has apparently been tweeked a bit to improve fit though I can't remember any fit issues in the four I've built. Think the clear issue will have the new decals.

Ill go a have a look around ,see if there is any more news (Klingon Bird of Prey is getting a major tweek!).

Paul Harrison