Buccaneer S1 1/48

Vlamgat9

I believe Heritage Aviation do/did one. Not 100% sure though...

I can only find a set of replacement intakes for the S2 in 48 on the Heritage website. They seem to do the S1 in 72 but not 48. Knowing Heritage they will do them in 24 before they do them in 48!!!

I know Maintrack did a conversion years ago to bash a Bucc S1 from the Airfix S2 but does anyone know if someone does some resin bits to do this nowadays?

Many years ago, there was a company from Spain who issued sa pair of S1 intakes - I haven't a clue as to what the name of the company was...

Anyway, an S1 conversion is one of my "long-term" projects (started in 2001!!!! Seriously!). Stalled whilst collating suitable anti-flash markings (now of course available on the Ark Royal sheet from MA....).

Heres a photo of some of the work required....The new intakes are basically White Milliput formed over a section of the kits "South African" slipper tanks.

100_2832.jpg

Hi there

Heritage Aviation DO do an S1 intake set. The master was, up to a couple of weeks ago being re-worked.

I ordered them but by mistake he sent me the 1:72 ones in error. Was refunded with no probs. Waiting to get a couple of sets myself to go with the excellent 'From the cockpit #6" book.

Ian has it listed on his 'flyer' but NOT as yet on his website.

The same applies to a pair of F-104 wing tanks and pylons he does but again not listed on the site. These I do have and will soon go about making a Belgian F104.

Suggest you drop Ian an e-mail for progress on the S1 intakes. May not answer straight away but he will do.

Hope this helps you?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi there

Heritage Aviation DO do an S1 intake set. The master was, up to a couple of weeks ago being re-worked.

I ordered them but by mistake he sent me the 1:72 ones in error. Was refunded with no probs. Waiting to get a couple of sets myself to go with the excellent 'From the cockpit #6" book.

Ian has it listed on his 'flyer' but NOT as yet on his website.

The same applies to a pair of F-104 wing tanks and pylons he does but again not listed on the site. These I do have and will soon go about making a Belgian F104.

Suggest you drop Ian an e-mail for progress on the S1 intakes. May not answer straight away but he will do.

Hope this helps you?

Thanks for this - i will contact heritage