This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Big Kev

Monogram 1/48 FM-2 Conversion

132 posts in this topic

In any case, I'm basically done with this one. A couple of minor disasters since my last post have really taken the wind out of my sails on this build. Firstly, I managed to snap the starboard landing gear, and only just managed to get it all back together. It's now slightly out of alignment, with a noticeable kink in the upright. It's also now very flimsy, and won't stand up to much handling at all.

Anyway, no photos yet, but I'll get some up later. Just a bit deflated by it all at the moment.

Kev

I feel your pain, I'm in the middle of a project where I'm adding details that the manufacturer couldn't be bothered to do themselves, apparently and lately it seems that as I add another piece of deatil I manage to pop something else previously attached off. Maybe once the repair to the landing gear has set up fully the join will be stronger. As for the kink, just tell people that the pilot managed to a hard, really hard landing. ;)

FINISHED!

I had originally planned to do a few more things to this build, but after the mishaps at the end, I figured it was time to pull the curtain on this one. As someone said in another thread, there are just too many other kits waiting to be built! Before I show the final photos, here's a shot of the cracked paint on the underside:

cracked_paint.jpg

I've managed to reduce it to 'barely noticeable' under normal viewing conditions, where it actually just looks like a bit of weathering. Sort of. Oh well. Anyway, final photos:

underside_1.jpg

finished_2.jpg

finished_3.jpg

finished_4.jpg

finished_5.jpg

The weathering is actually showing through quite nicely in these photos, so I guess it wasn't a waste of time after all. Thanks everyone for your help, advice and encouragement on this one - it certainly was a challenge!

Kev

Looks very nice, Kev. Well Done!

david

Congrats, Mate!! Nice to see this one conquered. So... what's next?

Well, there's a certain Hasegawa 262 I need to actually start... :whistle:

Kev

Well, there's a certain Hasegawa 262 I need to actually start... :whistle:

Kev

Hehe... I know, I've got to get back to some airplanes meself. Been in tank mode of all things. :shrug:

Man, that is an awesome job you've done, really liking the finished results. :speak_cool::analintruder:

Don't know if this has been solved yet, but I think the smaller bits on your PE tool can be turned round to face the plate. It looks to have a tab thingy on both ends, suggesting it can be taken out and flipped. Just my humble input.

Edited by Oddball