Revell 1/48 FGR.2

copey

Hello all,

This is my current project, and thought I should post it here as it is a British bird,that and the fact I've been a member since April and this is only my 3rd or 4th post.

The kit is alright but the seats are a bit basic.

P8010006.jpg

So i had a bash at detailing them myself,just used a bit of L/foil and plasticard.

P8020035.jpg

A lick of paint.

P8190026.jpg

Not accurate but at least more interesting.

The other part that i did was behind the intakes there is a hollow that i filled with plasticard.

P8240025.jpg

other than that it is OOB, and here is where I'm up to

P9170003.jpg

I have just got to do the metal areas behind the cans(hoping to do that later)

P9170011.jpg

Any way that's all for now

Copey

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting subject to be sure. Have you checked your references regarding the seat? It might be an idea to have a quick look at the internet and get some pictures of the real thing. If you need I can supply you with some.

I was thinking that the ejection handles above, on the headrest need some black stripes. These could be best represented with a ver thin black decal wound around the handle itself, or use a thin black pen (Staedtler do a nice permanent ultra thin nib for this) to "draw" the line.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the input guys took a while to reply cos i just moved house,havent done much on the model for the same reason :fraidnot: .

but i did manage to get the metallics done befor the move

P9200005.jpg

the new place has a brick shed I mean ready built model room, soon as i get that sorted i should finish it.

Copey

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

well I've just spent hours putting decals on, and I only managed to get one half of the plane done,

any way here are some pics.

PA220008.jpg

PA220007.jpg

PA220009.jpg

I love the shark mouth.

Another work in progress I got going on is my Hobby room.

PA210008.jpg

getting there , I've got the sparky from work putting power in next week :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Any way, thats all for now,

Copey

Hey, that looks like it's gonna be fun! ^_^ Reminds me of my garage before I turned it into a workshop. If those are external walls, you might want to think about skinning it with some foil-backed board before you get too settled. It'll keep the moisture out ;)

So i had a bash at detailing them myself

P8190026.jpg

>>ironic laughter<<

If that's a "bash" then I can't wait to see what you can do when you really go for it!

Looks v-e-e-e-ry nice!

Al

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all just a quick update,

Got all the decaling done , and stuck on the stabs,burner cans and the splitter plates

PB170037.jpg

PB170041.jpg

now all I got to do is glue all this together,

PB170043.jpg

wash and weather it

job done

Copey

Looks good :thumbsup:btw - what're those red colored intake/exhausts on the rear of the fuselage? :hmmm:

At a guess I'd say that they're auxiliary air doors, but I'm sure one of the Phantom buffs will correct me if I'm wrong.

Looking very good copey, makes me want to start mine!

Edited by J35 Draken