Fokker D.XXI

Hi All,

Finish Air Force is my favourite object. I decided to build that nice Fokker D. XXI. I am not decided yet about camouflage scheme. The most possible scheme to do is the mount coded FR-98. One earlier scheme is green overall, the second is standard green-black. We will see... So let´s start...

fokker_01.jpg

I am just going to cut the pieces out of the sprues...

Hellou,

I made some progress this weekend. Unfortunatelly I am disapointed, because I thought it will be straightforward OOB build. First of all I have assembled the cockpit and realized it does´nt fit well (I had to cut its sides), furthermore its rear plate looks like a bad dummy :jealous: In fact there is tubular construction in the rear section of the cockpit. So I cutted it out and made head plate on the tubes sofar.

Next issue is to cut-out the hole for rear window. I think you must have 1th. class modeler university graduation to cut it out accurate for clear piece. In my case I didn´t manage it well. See the pictures... Finally I decided to remove the cockpit, because there will be also necessary to polish the window from inside. I am currious how it will turn out...

fokker_02.jpg

You can see the pieces for engine cowling in the picture. It is also uncommon to have it for assembly in this way...

fokker_03.jpg

fokker_04.jpg

fokker_05.jpg

Edited by David Koktavý

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

thanks for comments.

The seatbelt are made by using 0,2mm plastics sheet. It is only a "dummy" because I couldn´t find any etched seatbelts in my stash. I think it is sufficient because the canopy will be closed.

Next progress coming soon...

Edited by David Koktavý

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

this build proceeds very slow. Unfortunatelly I didn´t manage to polish the window especially from the underside well. So I decided to make a new clear piece. I used the fuselage section as a master.

At the moment I am atempting to fill and sand it on the fuselage. It seems to be successful work...

fokker_06.jpg

fokker_07.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

as all modelers, I sometimes make a disaster too :)

The rear window is really unlucky issue. I had it well done, unfortunatelly when I glued the cockpit, the window stained with glue :hypnotised: . I did an attempt to clean it. I did it well. Unfortunatelly during cleaning I damaged the window again. :hanging: Well, I realised it is neverending story and I must start the build again. In order to avoid to continue another disasters on the window, I decided to destroy all the fuselage. I was realy dissapointed, because the main guilty is MPM production !! (I miss the smile "a execution of producer :rolleyes: )

I used some parts from scraped fuselage and made a new fuselage from another kit in my stash. I again made the rear window. I didn´t manage it well as the previous, but it is without any bad incidents sofar. Now I am on the timeline ( as I was last week).

Best regards,

David

fokker_08.jpg

fokker_09.jpg

fokker_10.jpg

Edited by David Koktavý

• 2 weeks later...

As I promised, here are pictures. Well, I think the worst is behind me. Here is a new canopy. You also can see the little bit improved cockpit with tubular construction. I also improved all the inlets by drilling. I found out that the rudder doesn´t have the triangular gap. This is one more bad thing in this kit, but the correction is quite easy, let´s see...

Now, my Fokker is almost ready for camouflage airspray...

Fokker_x01.jpg

Fokker_x02.jpg

Fokker_x03.jpgFokker_x04.jpg

Fokker_x05.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great looking Fokker...!!!!

Cheers,

ggc

Great Work David

hard to believe it's 1/72nd! Good photography too.

cheers

T

ditto above .......superb photo of an excellently finished Fokker ....very nice mottle on the undercarriage spats

Boys,

thanks for your reactions. I appreciate it.

I am sorry, that I didn´t manage to build a second kit in this GB. I have a lot of Finnish Air Force subjects in my stash. May be there will be another GB regaring to FAF in the future...