'My Devotion'

Ratch

Looks good Ratch, i'm gonna be building the same plane, but using the hasegawa kit, as i prefer that one, some time in the future. Just one question though, have you got the top turret mounted a little high? As the bottom of the glazing, before painting, should be flush with the top of the fuselage.

I was a little disappointed with the fit of the fuselage :( and a bit of filling was required

278486744.jpg

after the sanding was done

278739113.jpg

278739114.jpg

and masked up and airbrushed

279247857.jpg

279247858.jpg

279247860.jpg

The upper surfaces have been sprayed with Xtracolor enamels X112 ANA 613 Olive Drab, highlighted with X113 WWII Faded Olive Drab :winkgrin:

The undersurfaces were originally sprayed with Hu: 176 Natural Grey 43 :undecided: (this colour was specified on the SuperScale decal sheet) but it looked far too blue, so a check on IPMS Stockholm revealed Natural Grey 43 as a mix of 5 parts Hu: 34 + 4 parts Hu: 27 + 1 part Hu: 106 :whistle: Despite my normal aversion to mixing colours, I airbrushed the concoction and was pleasantly surprised with the result, which I think closely matches the colour on Mary Alice as she appears at Duxford :coolio:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...