The Typhoon our sky guardian

SHAR67

Hi Kyrre,Jens and Karl thanks for the kind words at least someone enjoys my pictures,i posted on ukar and people look but say nothing its almost like there saying that there not worthy of posting on the site.

Hi Richard

The Tornados carrying the live weapons are actually carrying out the QRA role the Typhoon is still in its early stages at the moment,but saying that i did see a two ship QRA launch from the number 3 Sqn Typhoons and another launch from the 17R Sqn Typhoons aswell.

Cheers Clive.

Hi Richard

The Tornados carrying the live weapons are actually carrying out the QRA role the Typhoon is still in its early stages at the moment,but saying that i did see a two ship QRA launch from the number 3 Sqn Typhoons and another launch from the 17R Sqn Typhoons aswell.

Cheers Clive.

Been thinking about this: are they operated by their original squadrons on detatchment to Conningsby or is there a Tornado F3 flight based at Conningsby?

Now, if I could get some good shots of the no. 2 pylon, I'd love to do a QRA F.2 sometime ;)

Is this the pylon that's missing from the Revell kit? I've probably got some walk round pictures filed away somewhere.

its almost like there saying that there not worthy of posting on the site.

Cheers Clive.

Don't be downhearted mate, they're certainly good enough - excellent in fact. Problem with UKAR is probably just the volume of traffic, there's so many great shots posted there that sometimes a thread just gets overlooked. there's a difference between looking and thinking Wow! and actually taking the time to post a reply. At then end of the day it's what you think of them that matters, and I'd say you should be proud of them.

I too am interested in the kit you're using, and where some of these were taken. In particular the banking typhoons - is that the next road over from the farmer's field/layby as they turn onto the approach?

Must get up to CBY again soon, I bagged a couple of Spanish Tiffies last time.

Steve.

Hi all

thanks Steve for vote of confidence,i use the Canon EOS 400D with the Canon IS 100-400 lense L series,i also have a Canon 2x converter aswell.The pic's where taken from a large mound in a farmers field off to the right of the airfield,its a good spot but your up so high that you have to face all that the weather throws at you.Im hopeing to go back in the second week in October but thats weather permitting.Next time will be next year sometime around the begining of March.

cheers Clive.

Im hopeing to go back in the second week in October but thats weather permitting.

cheers Clive.

Interesting, I'm off w/c 15/10 and was considering another trip up there if the weather looks decent. Sounds like I'll just miss you. I think I know the mound you're talking about, drive past with the viewing enclosure on your right, and turn into a track on the left just past the end of the runway.

Steve.