Hobbycraft 1/32 RFC Camel 'Le Rhone'

T-Tango

Thanks a lot Iain, but I'm ok, things haven't turned out too bad, to replace the decals would mean stripping everything back to bare plastic, cos with paint, Klear, decals, Klear and matt varnish it would be a total strip down.

This is what I love about Britmodeller there are always people who are prepared to help out. :speak_cool:

Cheers

Pete.

Im glad you have bee able to save it. Im looking forward to seing it finished.

Yes mate, so am I, great fun with rigging, 0.1mm clear monofilament, you can't see the damn stuff, let alone work with it. :shocked:

T-Tango,

I'm glad you saved the Camel project.Keep up the good fight with the rigging too.Looking forward to seeing new in progress photos soon.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette

I realy like the wood effect you have produced on her. This is looking like its going to be a corker.

As for rigging thread beign fine im not looking forward to doing my F2b still. Ive just been down to my local fishing tackle shop and brought some of the lightest strain line they sold. Its tiny, im not sure of diamiter but im using 12 ounce breaking strain stuff. When i used to fish i would use 40lp breaking strain so its a bit different.

Evening all;

Salutations from the Western Front, I'm declaring the Camel as finished, I will be posting these pics in the finished builds section as well, as usual all comments gratefully received.

Many thanks for the comments to date.

camel15.jpg

camel19.jpg

camel16.jpg

camel17.jpg

camel18.jpg

camel20.jpg

Thanks for looking

Pete

Pete,

Bravo,excellent Camel my friend.Your wood graining looks spot on too.Thanks for your outstanding thread.Now where did I hide me Camel.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent work,might have to get me one of these ! If it turned out a third as good as yours i would be well chuffed.

A nice build indeed. Milo's right in that Camels were buggers to fly and (can't remember the figures offhand) and a lot crashed with no help from the enemy. Mind you, training was pretty minimal...

F

A nice build indeed. Milo's right in that Camels were buggers to fly and (can't remember the figures offhand) and a lot crashed with no help from the enemy. Mind you, training was pretty minimal...

F

Yes, I think I read somewhere they were a bit like the Sopwith Snipe, nose heavy and had a tendency to pull to the right, I think it was, so this caused a lot of unwary or over zealous pilots to crash on take off.