Trumpeter 1/32 lightning

Not perfect but I learned an awful lot from making this monster.

My next lightning is a 1/24, so I will know what I'm doing.

But it's a vacform.......so i won't know what I'm doing!!! Apart from the metal bits.

The clouds in this diorama took me ages to make, and they kept falling down.

DSC_2235x.jpg

Finished model

DSC_6333.jpg

Home made scoop.

DSC_6335.jpg

Probe needs a bit of paint.

DSC_6337.jpg

Lost one of my brakes, so I made this from sheet aluminium.

DSC_6343.jpg

DSC_6344.jpg

Not very clear but pipes inside canopy.

DSC_6345.jpg

Rear view mirror. If the canopy wasn't so dirty you'd be able to see your face in it.

DSC_6348.jpg

I don't know what these are called but I cut them out and put bits inside so that it didn't look just skin deep.

DSC_6350.jpg

Just skin deep.

DSC_6351.jpg

DSC_6353.jpg

Trumpeter stuff was mickey mouse so I made my own.

DSC_6354.jpg

Rubber flexible hoses, metal hoses and light.

DSC_6360.jpg

Pointy thing on top of canopy.

DSC_6361.jpg

Not very clear but, refuelling probe.

DSC_6362.jpg

And at leading edge.

DSC_6363.jpg

Rear lights and another bit I made but don't know what it's called.

DSC_6365.jpg

Brake hose into wheel.

DSC_6367.jpg

DSC_6369.jpg

DSC_6371.jpg

[

Loving the lightning, Billy! And that's one hell of a kit to return with-you've done well. I take it the 1/24th Lightning is the Heritage Aviation one? And I'll be looking out for that!

Loving the lightning, Billy! And that's one hell of a kit to return with-you've done well. I take it the 1/24th Lightning is the Heritage Aviation one? And I'll be looking out for that!

Thanks tom.

Yes it is a Heritage.

Check back in a few years! :rolleyes:

Billy,

That is one hell of a smart model there mate, you have used a number of skills that would make some give up long before the end, scratch parts, foil wrapping and cockpit detail that really makes it 'pop'.

Now there is only one thing I would like to pick you up on and it is only because I am a hardcore Lightning nut that has too much time on his hands!, in the ninth picture where you show the detail on the fuselage sides quoting you didn't know what they are called, these are the auxiliary air intake doors and are only open when the number two (upper) engine is running.

Now this isn't a problem but you have the canopy open and no pilot and the engines running, something which never happened in reality, unless of course there is a pilot in there and he is just ducking down to tie his shoelace :lol:

Still you have made a very nice model and it will look a real corker sat on your shelf.....or mine :innocent: !! now when it comes to the Heritage kit please do not hestiate in tapping me up for all the refs you want.

Kindest regards,

JB.

Billy,

That is one hell of a smart model there mate, you have used a number of skills that would make some give up long before the end, scratch parts, foil wrapping and cockpit detail that really makes it 'pop'.

Now there is only one thing I would like to pick you up on and it is only because I am a hardcore Lightning nut that has too much time on his hands!, in the ninth picture where you show the detail on the fuselage sides quoting you didn't know what they are called, these are the auxiliary air intake doors and are only open when the number two (upper) engine is running.

Now this isn't a problem but you have the canopy open and no pilot and the engines running, something which never happened in reality, unless of course there is a pilot in there and he is just ducking down to tie his shoelace :lol:

Still you have made a very nice model and it will look a real corker sat on your shelf.....or mine :innocent: !! now when it comes to the Heritage kit please do not hestiate in tapping me up for all the refs you want.

Kindest regards,

JB.

Stealth pilot?? :rolleyes:

I wondered why they were usually closed.

I'll be pestering you quite a bit I thnk.

Cheers

BB