Nuclear weapons in 1/72 scale ?

Dave T

Do you mean the Belcher bits set mentioned in post #3 and pictured in post #4 ?

Thus...

http://www.belcherbits.com/lines/172conv/bl3.htm

WE177 as seen on Bruggen Q, the land of a decent meal :D

Dave,

Considering I could'nt remember what they were called,then yes.

Do try to keep up.

Tony...

A few pints of Dutch Lager in Roermond followed by a Scwarma in the Jerusalem!!!

(Failing that,Currywurst from the Chicken Inn,staggering down Singlystrasse on the way back from the bop!)

Gents,

Dave T. alerted me to this thread. I'll have by the end of May the 3 and 4 fin variants of the B83 along with a short nose B43-0 and a long nose B43-1 with nose cover on sale in my Spectre Resin line. Additionally my Wolfpak Decals line there are two decal sheets featuring Victor Alert Aircraft.

http://www.millcreekconsultants.com/

Regards,

Mark S.

Wolfpak Decals and Spectre Resins

There was that cook on Q that wanted to become a professional chef when he came out so he often volunteered to do Q to use us as eager guinea pigs, He had got hold of a Gourmet recipe book and used to try them all out on us.... his food was stunning and far fetched from the normal fitter and turners the mess had ( fit perfectly good food into containers and turn it into sh*t)

A few pints of Dutch Lager in Roermond followed by a Scwarma in the Jerusalem!!!

Was that after dropping off the Honey Monster that used to work in the mess? :P and don't forget the Jager schnitzels served up in the Ratty outside the gates :Tasty:

Edited by TonyT

There was that cook on Q that wanted to become a professional chef when he came out so he often volunteered to do Q to use us as eager guinea pigs, He had got hold of a Gourmet recipe book and used to try them all out on us.... his food was stunning and far fetched from the normal fitter and turners the mess had ( fit perfectly good food into containers and turn it into sh*t)

Was that after dropping off the Honey Monster that used to work in the mess? :P and don't forget the Jager schnitzels served up in the Ratty outside the gates :Tasty:

Was that the blond cloggie bird with the hairy legs & armpits?...

Mmmm...Gyros!

I'm a little dubious about the tail fins in the 12 Squared kit. Although there is a picture of the Mk 4 with thinnish looking fins (see here), if you look closely, they look like they are a thick wedge. For a comparison with a depiction that shows this more clearly, see here

The illustration and drawing of the bomb in the 12 Squared instructions are of a weighted mockup (the same drawing was published in the Week in Review section of the New York Times Sunday, September 3, 2000 issue). It's likely that the Mk 4 in Canada's Cold War Museum near Ottawa was also built from this drawing. My guess is that the fins were a simplification of the actual design, particularly if the mockup was only going to be used for loading practice.

Edited by Tailspin Turtle

well....and sticking my neck out here..the one i have is the one you have linked as the matchbox one...revell kit number 04321. however, its certainly NOT the old matchbox one...that one had an rf-101 option in the kit and NO weapon details at all...the one i have is the 04321 boxing which looks EXACTLY the same as the one on your first link but with slightly different decals.

the only other voodoo in 72nd that i know of is the old hasegawa rf-101c (which, if anyone has and wants to part with it, let me know)

hope thats not TOO confusing.

steve

little bit of trivia for you here...the f-89 scorpion was the ONLY aircraft to fire a live genie, as part of operation Plumbob, 19 July 1957. Fired from US Air Force F-89J 0-32547, Captain Eric William Hutchison (pilot) and AF Captain Alfred C. Barbee (radar operator) over Yucca Flats, Nevada Test Site at an altitude of ~15,000 ft (4.5 km).

..maybe i should get out more...

steve

Has anybody done the Nuclear Falcon, AIM-26 (in any scale)? This was carried by F-89s and F-102s before Genie came along? Genies are also in Monograms 1/48 Voodoos and Delta Darts

Joel

Has anybody done the Nuclear Falcon, AIM-26 (in any scale)? This was carried by F-89s and F-102s before Genie came along? Genies are also in Monograms 1/48 Voodoos and Delta Darts

Joel

possibly, but not where you would think. according to wikipedia...

The AIM-26 saw little widespread use in USAF service, retiring in 1972. The conventional AIM-26B was exported to Switzerland, however, as the HM-55, where it was used on Swiss Mirage IIIS fighters. The AIM-26B was produced under license in Sweden as the Rb 27, arming Saab Draken fighters. It was retired by the early 1990s.

Thanks Steve,

Just had a look myself, looks like only 102s carried them, sorry about that. On a similar vein, what about the AIM-47? Isn't that included with Y/F-12 and F-108 Rapier its. They were originally set to have nuclear warheads

Joel

Edited by Bandwagon 106

Thanks Steve,

Just had a look myself, looks like only 102s carried them, sorry about that. On a similar vein, what about the AIM-47? Isn't that included with Y/F-12 and F-108 Rapier its. They were originally set to have nuclear warheads

Joel

oh yeah, forgot about those...yes they were nuke-capable with a baby (in nuclear terms) 0.25 kt warhead, W42 physics package. An interesting theory is, that as the AIM-54 phoenix was a development of the -47, wonder if that could have used the same nuclear warhead?..i know that phoenix's were not nuclear, but i cant see a reason why they couldnt have been? :hmmm:

steve

..the one i have is the one you have linked as the matchbox one...revell kit number 04321. however, its certainly NOT the old matchbox one...that one had an rf-101 option in the kit and NO weapon details at all...the one i have is the 04321 boxing which looks EXACTLY the same as the one on your first link but with slightly different decals.

Ah right, my goof. I thought 04321 was the old Matchbox kit :suicide: