1/48 Canadair Sabre RAF Mk F.4

Blinking eck, I've finished two models in two days!! Yesterday a Phantom, today a Sabre.

I've had this on the back burner for a while, all done apart from final assembly, a bit of time this morning as it was chucking it down with rain, and she's done.

Its Hasegawa's Canadair Sabre Mk.5 with the Eduard Zoom PE set, in markings of an RAF Sabre Mk F.4 XB920 "K" of 122 Squadron at RAFG Bruggen in Germany 1955, using the lovely Eagle Strike RAF Sabres Pt2 sheet.

Sabre017.jpg

I was originally planning to build the Wildenrath bird (having served in Wildenrath) off the sheet but realised that I had the 6-3 wings, not the slatted ones need for the Wildenrath example, that'll be next though.

The kit goes together like a dream, the PE, no problems and the decals went on with no problems, you get a choice of early and late drop tanks and the jet pipe blanks are in the kit, all good stuff!

Not my best finish, I forgot to re-scribe the panel lines on the top of the fuselage, I didn't weight the wheels and managed to scratch and crack the canopy when I was de-masking.

Sabre002.jpg

Sabre003.jpg

Sabre005.jpg

Sabre006.jpg

Sabre008.jpg

Sabre011.jpg

Sabre013.jpg

Sabre010.jpg

Sabre015.jpg

A quick job, and not even a rushjob either.. well done!

I`m into a RAF Germany phase myself at the moment and aM planning doing the same Sabre model...just hope mine looks half as good as yours...brilliant work as usual mate. Great Phantom too by the way..one of my favourite Phantom schemes to boot!!

Cheers

Tony O

Cracking Sabre there Oz! I've got the Hasegawa "Mk.4 RAF" boxing myself and I hope my one turns out like yours. It's got the shark mouth scheme in the kit decals and that's the one I was planning on doing. I think the green/grey camo really looks great on the Sabre, and makes a change from the usual bare metal Korean War ones.

Nick

Absolutely lovely!! I'm quite a fan of the RAF Sabres and that's very nice indeed! You should be rather proud.... :thumbsup: