Revell 1/48 Phantom FGR.2 XV498/U 92 Sqn, Wildenrath

Nice work Oz...

I think I've actually worked on that particular jet when it called into Bruggen when we were on TacEval,I was on the NATO X-Serv load team at the time as my war role.

Merv

That's just flat out superb. I love seeing aircraft modelled at rest with all the associated paraphernalia. Seems to make them look 'right'.

I'm calling it spectacular! What's the base made from?

Stephen

Thanks to all for the comments...

The base has been re-cycled from an old P-47 diorama I made years back. It’s the normal wooden block with the not-so expanded polystyrene, the stuff that comes normally as meat backing trays or frozen pizza packaging. I cut it to shape and glued it down using PVA, I then smeared a thin layer of polyfiller type stuff and dragged a razor saw across it to make it look like concrete that has been tapped down with a plank. Then painted…

Hope that helps

looks good mate, i wish mine turned out that well

:ditto: Just when I get me Mojo back Ol Oz here cranks out a scorcher :yikes:

Seriously though matey superb job :worthy:

Bexy

An excellent choice, if I may say so. I remember working on "498" when she was part of 17 squadron at Bruggen during the early 70's. Of course she wore dark green and dark sea grey in those days, but it's still nice to see a model of one of "My" old charges!

I have this kit and the Airdoc decal set for RAFG Phantoms to build [One day!] :cheers: