F-111C "Finished"

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

F111_RH_Fini.jpg

and a real one with a couple of young admirers :) Might have to call her a cougar :P

IMG_4233.jpg

Hope you like it!

Cheers,

Looks good. The ground equipment gives it a little more interest too :clap2:

Wow that was quick!

Thanks mike!

That is a superb job my friend, and the cockpit is excellent :worthy:

Forgive my ignorance(sp?) but do you guys still fly these or are they all gone?

Bexy

Forgive my ignorance(sp?) but do you guys still fly these or are they all gone?

RAAF still flying them at the moment, but not for much longer. There is a farewell F-111 event being held at RAAF Base Amberley on December 2nd/3rd 2010.

Nice Pig. :D

There were plans to have one at Waddington this year but it seems to have gone belly up. :weep:

Will have to close my eyes & remember the "Dump & Burn" at Fairford in 1993.

Pete

Outstanding!! And really sharp presentation as well. A very nice job and good inspiration for my upcoming C build in the fall. Is this the Academy 1/48 kit or the Hasegawa 1/72 kit?

Later,

Lee

That's a lovely build, really like your finish, & the setting with the RBF tags, chocks etc really sets it off. But I do have to say that personally speaking, I hate mirror bases (although I realise why you've used it!) as it takes away some of the otherwise superb realism you've achieved. But that's just me, & it's still a lovely build! :coolio:

Will have to close my eyes & remember the "Dump & Burn" at Fairford in 1993.

Wasn't that Greenham? At least I saw them do it at GC - & never got round to getting my film developed....!! :doh:

Keef

Thanks all!

It is the Academy 1/48 kit with a few mods :)

I agree with the mirror base comment keefr22, I only put it on that because of all the work I have done to the bottom and I wanted to show it off :D I did originally make a tarmac base for it which looked nice.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I really appreciate it!

Beautiful build of one of my all-time favorite aeroplanes!

I don't think anyone got their money's worth out of an aeroplane like the RAAF did out of the F-111. I remember seeing an interview with a government minister when they first arrived in the '70s, defending the enormous cost and declaring that the F-111 would certainly "serve Australia right through the 1980s". Money well spent!

A great job on a great subject....I'll bet if anyone asks the aircraft they'd say no way are they ready to call it quits, some of the aircrew may feel the same. No one else does a "dump and burn"......would be nice if they did some at the retirement gig... :whistle: .