Ollies Wingnut Wings Bristol F2b

ollieholmes

Good to see that this has arrived Ollie, and is back from your decal designer - will you be using your own decals?

Hi Ollie. Pardon my ignorance on this one but I'm assuming 1\32? Looks like it's going to be a wee bit tricky to paint between the cylinder rows.
It is - the cylinders are (just) a little too close together for spraying ... personally, I'd've built the major components, sprayed, then finished assembling ... but each to his own, and if Ollie intends closing the engine bay, it wont be an issue

I wuill be closing the engine bay up as its going to have some very decrotive markings on the cowlings but i have brush painted the engine just in case. Yes she is 1:32, i should have added that but i forgot.

Robert:

Yes i will be using my own markings, this one is going to be finished in the fish scheme.

Edited by ollieholmes

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like you've glued the fuselage to the lower wing supports before painting the underside of the fuselage and the top of the lower wing. Isn't this going to make it very difficult to get a good finish on both?

It is but i think i can bet a brush in there and just be carefull. Fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can see that not much is visible of the engine, I had this problem with the Roden SE5a, they give you the engine that they sell as a separate kit and if you build the complete engine it won't fit in the fuselage, it's too tall and too long.

• 2 months later...

Well its now looking like a small spider has crawled all over it (what a shame fish dont eat spiders :D ) and im ready to attach the top wing tomorrow so im hoping i might just get it done in time for the end of the group build. I had a very satisfying moment the other day of applying my decals to her and they went on a dream.

• 2 weeks later...

Well ive made some progress on her and shes now almost totaly rigged, i spent this everning rigging the tail and undercarridge so just a few left:

dsc688901.th.jpg

That photo is a few days old so the main wing rigging is all done now.

Edited by ollieholmes