Anoother grand day out. High in the sky.

Kyrre

... and all of a sudden they got thirsty.

I really wasn't going but when I heard that the Greeks were out flying their F-16 I couldn't help it.

I asked if I could come and they said yes. Damn fine, these Americans.

I flew the same machine as last time, only with a crew from Oklahoma. Another great trip.

IMG_3276.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

Coincidentally I was just thinking of having a holiday in Norway, near a place called Sola. Would'nt it be nice if my new best mate here on Britmodeller could show me around one of those nice tankers at his place of work, especially when airborne.....

Great pictures Kyrre, you make me sick! :D

WOW!!, WOW!! and another one, talk about the right place and the right time, do ya mind if I use some for my desktop, Plleeeeeeassssseeeeee

Andy,

You'd have to be quick. They leave tomorrow at 9 am...

Edited for a reason... :innocent:

Kyrre

Edited by Kyrre

Coincidentally I was just thinking of having a holiday in Norway, near a place called Sola. Would'nt it be nice if my new best mate here on Britmodeller could show me around one of those nice tankers at his place of work, especially when airborne.....

Great pictures Kyrre, you make me sick! :D

Well Andy- as you know, the boof operator has to lie prone, I'm sure there would be some snuggling space for you...

Just imagine if next trip he has to refuel Aurora- then we'd all be spitting blood...

Well Andy- as you know, the boof operator has to lie prone, I'm sure there would be some snuggling space for you...

Just imagine if next trip he has to refuel Aurora- then we'd all be spitting blood...

I'm sure he'd love a fat git like me cuddling up next to him trying to take pics! :D I did write to the 100th ARW at Mildenhall once (knowing full well what the answer would be) asking about whether I could go on a trip in a tanker to take some pics. Unsuprisingly they politely refused :D

Kyrre, you are one lucky so and so!... I was envious of you when you posted pics from the first trip... now you're just rubbing salt in the wounds with a second trip!!! <_<

You've got some really fantastic shots there. Particularly like shots 10 and 11, they're really nice!

Karl.

Awesome! Excellent photos you spawny sod ;)

You should submit these to airliners.net (seriously)

Thanks peeps

The thing is I get to take most of my pictures as a result of being a controller with good access to the facilities and flightline - and in some cases to flights. Sometimes this can be sensitive and while I don't mind sharing with fellow modelers I like to have control of what's out there. While I can't really control what people do with the pics I can at least pull the plug on my photobucket-account and then the pics won't show in the posts.

I don't like other people controlling my stuff. This is a matter of keeping my back clear.

One of the pics I showed in this thread turned out to contain some sensitive information I'd missed. So I pulled it. Just like that. Now I'm sure some people saw it but in general it's gone from the internet.

While I don't like my management I don't want them to dislike me. Privileges gone and so forth...

K

While I don't like my management I don't want them to dislike me. Privileges gone and so forth...

K

Absolutely right. Great photography is all about access and opportunities, without these you just can't get the shots. Cracking set again and you're right to be careful about protecting such a fantastic privilege.

Steve.

Once again, thank you all for your feedback. Makes it worthwhile going through all the work of converting the pics and uploading and all. Here's another series of pics from the same trip. I realise there'll be many similar pics but hopefully I've managed to get something a bit unusual as well. No need to comment unless you feel like it, after all we're talking a bit of a bombardment here.

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2974.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

Edited by Kyrre

Bloody fantastic Kyrre, you seemed to nail the photography this time around, the shots are a little sharper and focused - all in all just incredible photos.

:worthy:

Thanks.

The last time I learned that taking pictures with the 75-300 is good because of the Image Stab but unfortunately it's oh-so-easy to get out of focus shots. So this time I used an 18-55 a lot more and that helped. My friend who also came along had a 17-85 and that is probably the optimal standard lens.

It must also be said that I found out that the size-reduction action I had made in PS last time blurred my pics a lot more than I thought. So I'll be re-doing them when and if I get the gist to do it.

Last I also realised that it was possible to use the tiny side windows in the back for those overview pics. Difficult to get every part of the plane inside the frame though. But I feel those are the most spectacular this time. Don't think it would have been the same on the drogue pics, since the aircraft flies further behind the KC135.

Live and learn, live and learn. They'll be back in half a year. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Here are a further few for the discerning model kit assembler:

IMG_3072.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

And a cockpit picture of a RNoAF F-16

IMG_3105.jpg

Top class pics as usual Kyrre, they blow my mind!

The discolouring all over the F16s is alot more prominemt up in the sky.

and i never realised that there were so many raised doublers on the f16

Wow! :o:shocked::analintruder: I missed those last pics... they're stunning indeed. This thread is turning into a feast for the eyes ^_^

Glad to hear about the 17-85mm lens being optimal... I have one of those with IS... just need a chum working on a tanker now :hmmm:

• 3 months later...
... and all of a sudden they got thirsty.

I really wasn't going but when I heard that the Greeks were out flying their F-16 I couldn't help it.

I asked if I could come and they said yes. Damn fine, these Americans.

I flew the same machine as last time, only with a crew from Oklahoma. Another great trip.

Absolutely stunning photos Kyrre. Brilliant. What an adventuresome guy you are. Glad you noted, too, that contrary to some popluar belief, we Yanks aren't all a lot of sods.