It's Back for the F-16!

John the Yank

1997 BAF FA-71 Tiger Meet; Eagle Strike Decals. I Built one years ago with DACO's Sheet, this one appears to leave off the black and the stripes appear individually. I ordered 2, so I'll know tomorrow. This is my favorite F-16 so I know what I'll be building after I finish my F-111. :D

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=EP48265

Speaking of which...how are you getting on with your 111 John? Long time, no update...

Jens

On idle at the moment, my brother in law & sister in law are visiting from England, so that means John the modeler is John the builder. We are developing the property and creating a 1/3 acre Forest Garden, Gaezebo, arch way etc.. He works my bottom off.

John

Very nice, printed by cartograph, individual yellow stripes and thin. This is an improvement on the old DACO sheet, (It was good, this is better) here are couple of pix of what you get in 1/48 scale (1/72 is available). Even if you don't like F-16's, you got to give it up for FA-71, this one and the BAe Hawk with the Union Jack on the vertical tail are my personal favorites!

IMG_2640.jpg

IMG_2646.jpg

It looks interesting, and the fact that the areas do not contain the black means no need to touchup and make sure you mix the shades of black exactly the same. The colour tones seem to be sharper than on the DACO sheet from what I can remember?

Jens

That will make for a stunning model, if done right... looks hard work though :unsure: I guess they've got the likely partially transparent orange backed up with white, so it doesn't lose any vibrance when laid over the black?

A couple of pix of a previous effort with DACO's sheet. Even after the blending it was not quite right, the larger wing applied decals had the edges visable under close scrutiny.

The only thing I don't like on the new sheet is how the cut on the tail tiger's leading edge fin decal is, square??? This time I will spray it Matte Black, then Micro-Mesh it ultra smooth and clear cote it glossey as a new car's finish. I learned much from my Hawk T1A cock-up last year.

DCP_0158.jpg

DCP_0152.jpg

. We are developing the property and creating a 1/3 acre Forest Garden, Gaezebo, arch way etc.. He works my bottom off.

John

1/3? That must be pretty big - thought you'd be better off doing it full size........ :closedeyes:

Graham