Tiger Moth 1:32

Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and Mr Fester. Here are some pictures of the Tiger Moth under construction. I am indebted to old Edgar for pictures which are helping imeasurably. Like Mike :worthy: I am unable to resist fiddling with detail. The first picture then shows how it comes and the second with my revamps and scratch bits - the front seat as supplied bears no resemblence to the original - I have aded a rudder bar which will probably remain unseen

TigerModel1.jpg

Tigermod2.jpg

I don't suppose anyone has pictures of the seat straps please?

Glad to see your building this. I have brought myself a second Tigger for myself after building and gving the first away. I don't have any pics of the cockpit to hand but there was a thread for a flight sim on another board which ahd some walk arounds etc. As they were hoping to put it in the sim as a trainer and were collecting referances. Back in a mo.

Smashing! :D It's good to see you're on the move with a build David.... and stop being so nasty to Mr Fester! He's not so bad once you get over the pong! ;)

Thanks Nigel - again examples of how aircraft vary - the tarted up NZ one does I am afraid leave me cold - I can send you some of the pics I have amassed if you like - mine is going to be "workhorse" style - although it is many years ago I do recall that some Tiger Moths were altered by ground crews by way of "improvement" - particularly the "levers" easier to get at etc.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Have done a little more - now about to join the two sides of the Fuselage - whereupon most of that will not be seen.

Cockpits.jpg

The blue blobs are the compasses - they do not look quite so much like a blob in reality. And according to a photo I have they were in a blue case!!!

By the way Sean I am not sure when WW1 ended but I think it was before the Tiger Moth was built - no doubt one of the Boffins on this site will elucidate.

The blue blobs are the compasses - they do not look quite so much like a blob in reality. And according to a photo I have they were in a blue case!!!

...well blueish ;)

PicTigerMothVHFBO-02.jpg

As for the first flight of the DH.82 Tiger Moth it took place October 26th 1931.

Looking good David.

Doc

...well blueish ;)

PicTigerMothVHFBO-02.jpg

As for the first flight of the DH.82 Tiger Moth it took place October 26th 1931.

Looking good David.

Doc

Well thank you kindly - yes I have a picture like that - bit more blue - but if my memory serves me they were in fact grey; but blue looks quite pretty does it not? And the compass in your picture is a different model from that in the picture I have. And my photo has enhanced the blue hue!!! Dare I suggest that your picture is of a restored aircraft - not sure about the blue tint on the inside of the fus. However i have seen them "interior green"- the red/brown dope finishand silver.... I have admit being bit coy about the date of the first flight. In fact I was trying to be tactful but as you know it is not something I practice much - hence the clumsy approach. How is the Stirling????

How is the Stirling????

Not a patch on your Tigger David!!

Like you say this is from a restored aircraft and in fact the Tiger I flew in had a black compass surround so I guess whatever you choose will be good, and your right the blue look real purdy.

So whats this about 'tact and diplomacy' do I detect a new attribute! :huh:

Cheers

Doc