Airfix 1:72 Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer S.2B FINISHED

Deacon

Thought I'd better get a WIP started.

This will of course be finished in the Operation "Granby" colours, Muharraq and Bahrain 1991.

Here is the box shot.

IMG_6326.jpg

Cheers

Deacon

Edited by Deacon

iirc the serials are incorrect

point taken with the 809 squadron one, but be careful with the Gulf War markings too..on mine the serial on the decal sheet reads XW895...which is actually a Gazelle, NOT a Bucc...the aircraft serial should be XX895

Post 66

XX895 G for Glenfiddich corresponds to my resources too

shouldn't be too hard to sort out Deacon :)

Edited by walrus

the seriel numbers are wrong, i cant get to mine at the moment, tell me the name of the nose art and ill find out what seriels it should have, and what colour they are, off the top of my head they are ?white, ill look in my spares when im off nights

anyway i look forward to your build!

point taken with the 809 squadron one, but be careful with the Gulf War markings too..on mine the serial on the decal sheet reads XW895...which is actually a Gazelle, NOT a Bucc...the aircraft serial should be XX895 :analintruder:

just noticed this and wondered if anyone else has

steve

this was in the buccy thread!, ill have a look if ive got any spare white 'x's

Wow guys! :speak_cool:

I put a post on showing a box and contents and not only am I told the decals will be wrong but that I'm given the correct figures too! :D

Thanks for the info.

Deacon

Wow guys! :speak_cool:

I put a post on showing a box and contents and not only am I told the decals will be wrong but that I'm given the correct figures too! :D

Thanks for the info.

Deacon

thats what we are here for and i was killing time before i came to my night shift

It was good of you to look anyway Mark.

I'm just going through the process of recessing the panel lines, so not much to show at present.

Cheers

Deacon

I need help on two things.

What colour should the Buccaneer be? Someone at the local model shop said Gulf Desert Pink. Airfix say Sand?

Also, the airbrake at the rear is covered in rivets. Should I sand these off, leaving a smooth surface? I was at the FAA Museaum last week, and I forgot to look. :wall:

Cheers

Deacon

What colour should the Buccaneer be? Someone at the local model shop said Gulf Desert Pink. Airfix say Sand?

Also, the airbrake at the rear is covered in rivets. Should I sand these off, leaving a smooth surface? I was at the FAA Museaum last week, and I forgot to look. :wall:

Cheers

Deacon

there are piccys of the airbreak in my reference thread in resources, the colour depends on the paint, but xtraclyic desert pint is spot on xa1032 (fs10279)

Cheers

Deacon

I usually use Humbrol 250 mixed with a touch of white, but it normally depends on how long the aircraft has been in theatre as it faded in the desert sun. To be honest any shade will do really as each aircraft faded at a different rate, plus the weathering and oil streaks make the paint also seem different.

• 3 months later...

Well, recessing the panel lines was a disaster and I had lines going off all over the place.

So, I went out and bought another just so I could at least complete a Buccaneer for my shelf (and this GB of course).

I also managed to get a resin replacement for the tail fins.

I am not happy with the results so far. I couldn't get hold of a replacemnt set of undercarriage, so it will be finished 'flying' using one of the Italeri bases.

Anyway, here is where it is at so far.

Buccanner.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Deacon

Well, it was a bit of a sprint to the finish as I had to get it done by close of play today.

Anyway, here it is, Buccaneer S.2b XX895.

IMG_7392.jpg

Comments & Criticism welcome.

Deacon

• 3 months later...