Airfix Starter Sets GB

Paul Brickles

I've got a house guest during the first week of April, but don't let that dissuade you :)

Unless someone can supply me with the acrylic paints to do a 1:72 Hawk (I have the brush), I'll need to splash some cash on a new kit :crying:

I saw this mentioned on the Airfix FB group... sounds like fun. Count me in - I'll grab something suitable from the LMS this weekend. Since I don't own an airbrush (no space, no know-how), hairy sticks hold no fear for me ;)

I saw this mentioned on the Airfix FB group... sounds like fun. Count me in - I'll grab something suitable from the LMS this weekend. Since I don't own an airbrush (no space, no know-how), hairy sticks hold no fear for me ;)

First post saw the Airfix Facebook comment as well, kit basher & modeller of 'little people' for 35 Years also prefer using 'hairy sticks' to airbrushing, just hate all the prep & cleaning....but I think will miss the undercoat of Halfords grey primer if keeping strictly to the rules....what to build ....easy AW Seahawk I think. I model to relax (though have tonnes of unbuilt kits rarely have the time to build) & will use my first ever group build to help get me back in the kit bashing mood as I have several projects to start this year.

All good - I've just checked back on Paul's rule set, and the only things I find mildly spine-chilling are having to use the brush from the kit and no Klear.... but that's not a complaint :)

No plans to do the 1/24 Harrier set over here, that's for sure... likewise I think I'll pass on the Lifeboat/Chopper set (either of which would be eligible) ;)

will use my first ever group build to help get me back in the kit bashing mood

ah..local modeller ! nice blog(s) too....here's some more for your listing ! Have PM'd you re Headcorn

Edited by FalkeEins

Just ordered a harrier GR3 from models for sale don't now much about the kit just brought it because i like the plane.Have i made a rod for my own back? As far as paints go can we use additional pots of the same colour ? those pots don't look very big. I don't want to end up with a half painted plane. :unsure:

ah..local modeller ! nice blog(s) too....here's some more for your listing ! Have PM'd you re Headcorn

Yup replied and links going on my sites to your superb blogs.

For the group back to basics build I've gone fot the AW Seahawk as I mentioned earlier, bought two in fact so 1 for the group build as per the rules and a 2nd one which I will make 'normally' which although will be using a brush, it will have an undercoat of halfords primer first and using a proper chisel edged wide brush....its definitly the painting without primer and with that puny brush which I find 'scary' when do we start???

Count me in, although I'm off to France next friday for 3 weeks so I may need to smash it out sharpish when I get back

D2

Edit to add, I have a 1/32 Aston Martin DB5 that has got this GB written all over it.

Edited by d2cko

So Paul Brickles and Plastic Bonsai as hosts then?

I'll pull my finger out and post a date as soon as I've finished breakfast.

How does 2nd April 2010 to 1st May 2010 sound to everyone?

If this is all okay I will unlock the thread in Future GBs and close this one

Edited by Mish

How does 2nd April 2010 to 1st May 2010 sound to everyone?

All good - something to do over Easter weekend while the kids are doing "chocolate overdose"... will make a little break from the 1/72 Concorde I'll be working on for an ATF GB - I'll prolly need one by then ;)