Airfix Starter Sets GB

Paul Brickles

This weekend I'm going to sort out date for this one, sooner rather than later. One month in duration I'm guessing Paul will host anyone want to or has offered to give him a hand?

Okay how long so you want to source your kits? I'm gonna try getting mine at the Peterborough show today!

Just caught up with this thread sounds like a bit of fun if we keep it as basic as possible. I remember all the tools I used when I was a kid were a single edged razor blade and the rough end of a matchbox, there was always one available as everyone smoked like chimneys in those days. I'll have to get out to the shops and pick something up but count me in for this one.

Ed

..like the sound of this, keeping it simple will certainly take the 'stress' out of a build, especially as I've been looking to do the Airfix Whirlwind recently - spotted it in a starter set at my local arts and crafts store. Doing without Klear will be a bind, what about paint thinners though?

..like the sound of this, keeping it simple will certainly take the 'stress' out of a build, especially as I've been looking to do the Airfix Whirlwind recently - spotted it in a starter set at my local arts and crafts store. Doing without Klear will be a bind, what about paint thinners though?

Water only :devil:

Kits can be anything -not just aviation as long as its a 'starter kit'

Paul

Is masking tape allowed for painting? The rules mention tape is allowed to hold glued parts together until they dry, but there is no mention of whether masking is allowed for painting (hopefully yes).

Vladan

count me in, is the new 109 ok, to go with ????

Mark - is it a starter set ? The reason I ask is I didnt know they did one as a starter set (ie with everything included) - I would like to see the kits finished with the paints supplied :devil: ha ha ha la ha

Paul

This weekend I'm going to sort out date for this one, sooner rather than later. One month in duration I'm guessing Paul will host anyone want to or has offered to give him a hand?

Okay how long so you want to source your kits? I'm gonna try getting mine at the Peterborough show today!

I haven't sorted out a date as I need anserws to my previous post.

as soon as I have some idea, I will post the dates.

May I help in some way? It's my first GB but if we do the build in a single session - a wet Sunday afternoon would be very reminisent - then I should have looooaaadsa time to help (notice the numpty innocence here). Maybe we could aim for the Easter Weekend - bound to be bad weather then?

May I help in some way? It's my first GB but if we do the build in a single session - a wet Sunday afternoon would be very reminisent - then I should have looooaaadsa time to help (notice the numpty innocence here). Maybe we could aim for the Easter Weekend - bound to be bad weather then?

Your in - pm me so we can discuss rules

A little focke is superb - go for it