Deon's Build Eastchurch Kitten - 1/72 Scaleplanes

Deon

Started this in the vac gb but thought you wood and cloth freaks might be interested :)

:

DSCF0015.jpg

obligatory start shot

parts removed from backing and clean elevators deflected

DSCF0001-1.jpg

, time for the interior back later

:)

Edited by Deon

You built this in 1917? You're older than you look ;)

Thats cos I bathe in virgins milk, how else will I get all these kits built?

not sure how Im s'posed to make the stringers etc when the fuselage is horizontaly split, looks like a good excuse to add one of them 1920s ish preiser figures...

pilot.jpg

painted interior french khaki green, should be a half reasonable match for pc10 in this scale and darkened up the crannies...

interior.jpg

wont bother with pedals if there's a pilot, just the control column and instrument panel later

with hindsight , i should've just put the seat5 on the floor of th e lower fuselage half and saved chopping the pilot in half.. oh well :(

Edited by Deon

it's Terry Thomas !

I Say..!!! it does look like that Terry Thomas chap..! Looks like he needs a bit of a shave..

WWI Cheers,

ggc

sjff_03_img1367.jpg
british comics Terry Thomas and Eric Sykes from 'those magnificent men and their flying machines'

of course, how could I forget!

most of the flappy bits on now, time for some paint later on... pc10 uppers and fuselage with clear dope undersides

flappythingson.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I calling this done now, found the registration from the spares, fitted aero club 7mm wheels and lewis gun, must've been one of Peter's last mailings :(

Tried the EZ Line rigging from Paul at littlecars ( cracking stuff) used only on lines from wheels to outer wings - i wont be using fuse wire anymore.

Used pegasus RFC/RNAS roundels, although top roundels are a little too small ( I might fix that oneday ) - preiser figure - used life color dark gloss Italian green mixed with a touch of graugrun for PC10, hope you like... if you dont tell me why ! :) C'mon i can handle it....

finishedtop.jpg

finishedrearr.jpg

Finishedheadon.jpg

finishedp.jpg

finishedfl.jpg