Deon's Last Minute Entry- Eastchurch Kitten

Deon

Nothing like a last minute rush to focus the mind - I started an ATF Garret drone thingy, But Ive lost it ?! So here's my back up plan, The only vac thing I think I might be able complete in a week...the diminutive Eastchurch Kitten

DSCF0015.jpg

at 65mm x 75 mm this shouldn't take too long!

So , parts are off the sheet ready for thinning, all the stuff on the below Im gonna replace or scratch....

DSCF0016.jpg

these items are all hollow so there's no real depth to them and no second halves, except for the engine cylinders, but i'll scratch these from some plastics discs, I think I have some aeroclub wheels that'll work, otherwise to be robbd from an injection kit and the mg might have to wait, ill check the spares box but otherwise ill need a fast turn around from aeroclub!

these bits are good to go, again hollow, but this leaves a nice concave underside profile to the flying surfaces, i think the rudder / vertical tailplane would be easier to scratch from plasti card, but we'll see how it goes, all struts etc from aeroclub or brass bits

DSCF0017.jpg

I think the pc10 is a bit dark and there's still all the fiddly stuff to do... Its looking pretty cr@p at this point , but that's normally a good sign, shame it'll be without fuselage roundels, just couldnt find any to fit.. hey ho

painted.jpg

well that the end of the vacform bit, its just rigging and wheels now,

here's the kitten with plastic strut from aeroclub i think and some brass strut u/c from strutz all painted flesh and clear orange. no time for oil grain effects and not really enough room to get in there either.. more tomorrow

strutsandlegs.jpg

oh.. it might need a prop too!

Edited by Deon

Nearly done now, but no side roundels as yet no mg and ridiculous balloon trye to be replaced at a later date... still need to add tailplane controls, tidy up rudder marking and make a prop, hopefully have her done in time..

rigging.jpg

and she's about done as she'll get, started looking too late for the decals, these ones are from the matchbox fury I think, but Ill be replacing them with slightly darker roundels from pegasus or Xtradecal in the next week or so, also for the future is an mg, also the control wires made from human hair on the stbd rudder/ tailplane, Ive done them on the port, but you cant see them and there's no more pics as my camera battery has just died :( So she ain't pretty but she was quick ( for me).. oh yes and those ridiculous wheels will get replaced with some aeroclub item, plus wiring on the cylinders, hopefully before the end of the ww1 gb but as far as the vac gb goes Im calling it done with 7 mins to spare!

doneish.jpg