HMS Dainty From A Glowworm
Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:20 AM
I managed to get hold of a copy of Norman Ough plan of HMS Daring ,and with this I decided to press ahead.As far as I can tell,there is no different in the basic hull of the Glowworm ,and the Dainty,so that part was quite easy.I painted the hull with Halfords white plastic primer ,followed by a coat of their "Gloss Applicance white".The pennant numbers came from a Resinshipyard RN decal sheet.I decided to do another "Full-speed" waterline ,using my usual method.
More to follow.
Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:12 PM
I`ve made a start on the forward deckhouse,at first sight this a simple conversion,but looking at the plans ,it`s more involved than I first thought.I removed the rear half of the deckhouse ,and scratch-built a new one to show the correct shape for the D class,this included revised platforms of the sides ,0.5" quad mounts were site there.The height of the Bridge block has been reduced by 0.05" to match the plans.
so Long Phil
Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:22 PM
The range-finder pedestal on the rear of the Bridge ,has been reduced in height by 1/16th "I`ve made two life-rings from 5amp fuse wire,and these have been attached to the flag deck,the anchor chains were also made from twisted fuse wire.Next up is the forward funnel,I dont think much alteration is needed with that.
Edited by Phil Reeder, 21 February 2010 - 01:26 PM.
Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:52 AM
Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:09 AM
I`ve invested in some BMK metal barrels for the 4.7" guns,expensive ,but they are really good,better than the white metal barrels in the kit.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users