A grand day out. High in the sky.

Kyrre

We have visitors at our airfield. Tankers. So I asked for a ride. No sweat they said.

Well I got up there, got to lie down with the boom operator, very intimate in prone position (is it prone when it's in the back?).

Getting up to the Tiger Meet excercise area we soon got customers. Four Mirages on their way in we were told. Lovely. Oh look, three Mirages:

IMG_2451.jpg

Hey, that's cool I though. Hang on, where's the fourth one? Wham. I must say i was a bit surprised. That close! Guess I'm not that used to seeing those fighters from that angle. :P

IMG_2453.jpg

And from then on I just kept clicking. Unfortunately as the aircraft shifted over to starboard the angle through the heated flat pane glass ended up distorting the image a tad. Hey ho.

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

Au Revoir mes Mirages! (Or something to that effect.)

IMG_2505.jpg

Not done.

As the Mirages were leaving the next bunch came in. The most sensual fighter ever made.

Get in.

IMG_2540.jpg

Get some

IMG_2519.jpg

Get done

IMG_2563.jpg

Move over

IMG_2529-2.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

Neeext

IMG_2578.jpg

Lovely planes.

IMG_2542.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

Heh. Phantom. Sensual. That's a laugh. Lots of other stuff. But sexy? Nah.

Unfortunately the fighters were done after this one refueling session. But hey, I'm not complaining. Some more pics from my day.

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

Man I'm pleased with the day...

Edited by Kyrre

Thats remarkable, i had a very similar day. I dont have any photos but i will explain.

I got up and drove 5 miles down a dual carriage way past a refuge landfill, to enter a 1930's ex canteen. I then logged into a computer that when not crashing takes so long that i know how many bricks there are on all four windowless walls. Spent 8 hours changing rivet codes from 04 to 05 on 200 draw sheets, then left to go home along the same car choked road. After the 30min 5 mile journey, i got out of my Daewoo matiz (thats right, its not even a chevy matiz) and finally got home safe in the knowledge that i will be doing this for the next 20 years. :suicide:

You lucky sweetheart! ;)

Edited by palacefan

Thats remarkable, i had a very similar day. I dont have any photos but i will explain.

I got up and drove 5 miles down a dual carriage way past a refuge landfill, to enter a 1930's ex canteen. I then logged into a computer that when not crashing takes so long that i know how many bricks there are on all four windowless walls. Spent 8 hours changing rivet codes from 04 to 05 on 200 draw sheets, then left to go home along the same car choked road. After the 30min 5 mile journey, i got out of my Daewoo matiz (thats right, its not even a chevy matiz) and finally got home safe in the knowledge that i will be doing this for the next 20 years. :suicide:

You lucky sweetheart! ;)

Thanks. You made my experience even better. :analintruder:

Honestly, I have been in ATC since '95 and this was the absolute height of my career. I'm actually between jobs (sort of, I'm being transfered from Area Control to Tower) so I got this fantastic oportunity since, well, I'm not really "working" for a few weeks.

Here's one for the plane modelers btw:

IMG_2459.jpg

Just incredible pic's mate - and well done for making the most of the opportunity. That last shot of the two Rafales is just gorgeous - get that framed and on your wall!!

Steve.

Just incredible pic's mate - and well done for making the most of the opportunity. That last shot of the two Rafales is just gorgeous - get that framed and on your wall!!

Steve.

Actually I think I will. That and the first Mirage 2000 are my favourites. And hopefully not being to full of myself I'm happy to send higher res pics to those who want for screensavers or printouts. Just send a PM.

Thanks for the cheers. Forgot this one btw:

IMG_2492.jpg

K

Edited by Kyrre

You lucky sweetheart! ;)

What even more remarkable is that your day sounds very similar to mine........ except for the fact that I have 100's of young girlie students around me asking for my help all day...

never mind, :shithappens: I guess

Brilliant photos though, thanks for sharing!

That bottom Mirage 2000 pic is almost the same angle as Italeri's 1:72nd kit box art:)

Jens

Not quite but close :analintruder:

P9080002_1.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

Yup. And besides what I had to flip the picture to get close. I couldn't find a 1:72 picture to work with.

Thanks for playing though. :thumbsup:

That refueling probe- is your pic the wrong way round- orrrr....

Yup. As indicated in the above post I had to flip the picture horizontally. Just for fun y'know. :analintruder: