Airfix Buccaneer

F-32

Oh you`ve gone and put me off the kit now........only kidding...really nice modelling!

I was under the impression that the kit would include a new corrected nose.....is that not the case now?

All the best

Tony O

Doesn't appear to have a corrected nose, I'm kind of hoping that Guideline Publications (SAM magazine) will re-issue there Buccaneer correction and weapon sets. I've just had a trawl through there website and the items are not listed there at all.

Here's hoping!

Tony do you still do articles for SAM? Perhaps a we word in Mr Laverty's ear!! :winkgrin:

Eng

is ther any chance of a fix rather than having to go and get a resin replacement please?

It really depends on what you consider's wrong with the kit in the first place, Its not that bad a kit given its age - the radome could do with sharpening up; remove the tip, drill a hole - insert a pin/needle - milliput/superglue and sand to a nice pointy shape!

You can always add detail here and there with plastic card and rod/fusewire.

For my money I would always expect to see a Bucc pn the deck, with airbrakes open - but its not compulsory! These can be modelled closed - so you nee no after market there!

So almost OOB with no aftermarket is possible- Looking forward to seeing the new weapons sprue with this kit!!

I have an old kit in the stash - with a bit of PE, resin and White metal - so I'm going to throw everyting at mine!!

Nice one Robert, I'd been on this site recently as well and I'd met the chap that runs Odds n Ordnance in Jamiesons in Glasgow, I just couldn't remember where I'd seen the radome and tail correction.

SAM magazine did then as well a while back.

Eng

Many thanks Bill

in which case am thinking a fairly straightforward Gulf build

but then consider some goodies for the FAA option. My parents have a photo of my brother on guard duty in front of an Ark Buccy visiting Fort Lauderdale iirc 1976 :D

might just have to include a 1/72 NAM in white helmet w/truncheon in hand oo er missus

Well, I went into ModelZone Reading yesterday to get one and they didn't have any.......................ended up walking away with a Klingon D7 Battlecruiser instead!

Oh well, there's always this weekend :)

Re my earlier post 9/2/10-the model has the SAM nose & tail,aeroclub u/c and airwaves etched bits. Photos are a bit out of focus but never mind! Took a long time and i intend to do more straightforward stuff in the future!

I had mine direct from Airfix within 48 hours. Impressive.

I bought two as I want to convert one into an S1.

I have the VERY old NA39 model. It is a VERY basic lit and not really represntative of an S1 as it was based on the NA39 prototypes. The best way to do an S1 is back convert an S2 if and when the appropriate conversion bits appear on the market.

I had mine direct from Airfix within 48 hours. Impressive.

I bought two as I want to convert one into an S1.

I have the VERY old NA39 model. It is a VERY basic lit and not really represntative of an S1 as it was based on the NA39 prototypes. The best way to do an S1 is back convert an S2 if and when the appropriate conversion bits appear on the market.

Heritage Aviation do S1 intakes at about £3.50 a set - check out the website for an up to date price - I bought mine at SMW 2008 because I thought the Bucc would be out early last year!!

Cheers

Simon

One problem with the decals, well RN anyway - XV344 was an S.2C not an S.2D and by 1975 it had been re-coded as 035R. If you want to use these decals, you have to add the missing vortex generator and use the early pylons and move their locations on the wings. XV344 was NOT Martel capable

Edited by Blacktjet