Three Siskins, finally finished

David Valinsky

Well done, they came out looking great! You can certainly be proud to have them on your shelf, now you just need to build some other types to keep them company :)

Cheers,

Doug

Thanks Doug, I've got a Gamecock, Gladiator and Fury (posted somewhere on this forum!) standing by to keep them company and I've got a Snipe, Woodcock, Grebe, Demon and Gauntlet waiting in the stash... and another couple of Gladiators, can't resist them!

Fantastic work David, just brilliant!

Maybe we should have an unofficial Interwar GB, I've got a Fury, Flycatcher, Bulldog, Gladiator to do as well!

You should be proud of those builds, if I had those on my shelf I wouldn't need a TV, I'd just spend hours looking at them instead. :thumbsup2:

Fantastic work David, just brilliant!

Maybe we should have an unofficial Interwar GB, I've got a Fury, Flycatcher, Bulldog, Gladiator to do as well!

You should be proud of those builds, if I had those on my shelf I wouldn't need a TV, I'd just spend hours looking at them instead. :thumbsup2:

How odd, I completely forgot about the Bulldog and the Flycatcher, does that mean the stash has grown a little too large?... Actually, I have a swordfish on floats as well... And a set of Model Alliance decals... it's too tempting, I should really look at all those spitfires that have been piling up. Surely a hobby shouldn't lead to guilt?

A group build would be quite nice if there were others who wanted a hand in, I've never contributed to one before so it would be new for me, though I think I would steer away from the vac-form Grebe and Demon after these three, I need some relatively simple things for a bit I think! Actually, the Silver Wings Woodcock is the closest I've seen to a shake'n'bake resin kit, it's so beautiful it almost seems a shame to build it! Any excuse though...

David

A group build might be fun, I've got plenty of subjects yet to build - at least a dozen each of the Pyro Flycatcher, Fury, Bulldog and Gladiator, not to mention a few Aeroclub Skiskins and a Gauntlet plus more I can't even remember right now! Since I've already completed (and posted here) my Gladiator and Fury, I might do a Silver Wings Woodcock for a group build myself ;)

Cheers,

Doug

Just started a thread in the Group Build chat section, to gauge interest. May not get off the ground, as I'm not sure there's enough people would want to build planes from this period, we'll see though. :)

I am back to see the finish of your work on these models. THEY ARE JUST SUPER. I had quite some time off due to my brothers illness & passing. To keep my hand in I have been finishind 2 of Toko's 1/72nd WW1 models. A Hansa Brandenburg W29 & an Aviatik Berg D1. I made them up about 7 years ago & painted them in gloss white. And then put them away & forgot them until a couple of months ago. Carl T :goodjob::wow::speak_cool:

David & Dougt, I have been giving your group build suggestion some thought. It seems to me that more fellows might join in if it was for interwar biplanes of all types, not just silver wings. For just silver wings only I have 3 A-model Hawker Furies, an Esoteric Fairey 3 D, & a conversion idea for the Airfix Demon into the Osprey. BUT, if it were expanded to include other nations A/C biplanes, I have 7 Pro- Resin US fighter planes, PLUS 15 plus US Navy types in Esoteric vacs. All in 1/72nd scale. In 1/48th scale I have Classic Airframes P-6E, F11-C, BFC-2; Accurate Mimiatures F3F, & SBU-1. I am not bragging about what I have for models, but am hoping to give a few ideas to whoever may read this, & thereby be encouraged to try & join in.

As you can testify, as I do, taking part in a group build is an enjoyable experience. You get to take pictures of your building progress & explain in writing what you are doing. And you get to see how many times people are looking at your work. For instance my article on my Hawker Demon on the ATF site has had about 3500 hits. Which I call ENCOURAGEMENT in big letters. Count me in in a new Group build. Carl T :thumbsup::speak_cool:

• 2 weeks later...