Progress to report on the Emhar Mk.IV Tank!
The basic structure is taking shape nicely:
Found a minor glitch with the unditching beams:The parts are wrongly numbered onthe instruction sheet, so I puzzled
for a little while about how to match up these L-section girders to look right, until I realised that the only way it would work
was to swap the front sections over from side to side. Instant result!
The instruction sheet doesn't help much with the unditching beams, the diagram appears to suggest assembling them
in situ onto the structure of the tank, but I found it much easier to assemble each beam individually on my cutting mat
to create these:
I'll carry on after the cement has "cured".
The Hansa-Brandenburg W.29 hasn't progressed very much farther,
I've sanded the wing upper surfaces to reduce the
"rib effect", repainted the lower surfaces in "unbleached linen"and achieved, completely by chance, what appears to me
to be a very
effective slightly uneven "streakiness" to the finish.I've tried to photograph it, but my camera seems
unable to capture it, so I won't be showing them yet! Modelling time is at a premium at the moment, so it'll move on.......eventually! Plenty of time yet!
Edited by MadNurseGaz, 24 March 2010 - 11:47 PM.