'Match Coat' Harrier GR3

TEZ

I've got the MD sheet if you want it. PM me your address. Its almost complete, but you'll need the basic ones, ie roundels/finflash.

Steve.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that this was 1/48. Speedy thanks for the offer but I do have a couple examples of this sheet. In fact I have done this scheme before, using the Esci GR3 and the said Modeldecal sheet. However, having suddenly been bitten by the 1/48 bug, I feel the need to do a GR3 in this one off scheme (well apart from the similar two greys sceme).

Bill, I too remember seeing this aircraft with a replacement rudder (dark sea grey?) in, I think, Warplane. The grey rudder would certainly help to break up the somewhat 'bland' scheme.

Jon, thanks for the photo link. From the few photos that I have, the scheme has the advantage of showing up weathering.

regards

Andrew

Are you that set on the green scheme? The last Airfix boxing did have the grey Match Coat scheme, though being from the Heller/Humbrol era, the decals will probably be a lottery.

My GR3 is the later boxing with the grey scheme. The decal sheet was out of register but I did manage to get a better sheet thanks to Colin (Decal Bank). I therefore do have these to fall back on but would prefer to go 'green'! I'd forgotten that I had Airdoc's book on RAF Harrier's in Germany and this provided a couple more pictures.

Edited by TEZ